migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you crave a Trigger food.....

+5
rileyoday
pen
LG
Kate
Stillhurtin
9 posters

Go down

When you crave a Trigger food..... Empty When you crave a Trigger food.....

Post  Stillhurtin Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm

What do you guys do? Red Wine and Chocolate are "sometimes" triggers, so if I want it I have it and take the chance. But Orange Juice is my worst and most severe trigger. But I really want a glass of Oj and a bagle right now (don't know why....just do) Hmmmmmm....

How do you guys deal?? Do you ever just give in and pay the price?

Jessica
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

When you crave a Trigger food..... Empty Re: When you crave a Trigger food.....

Post  Kate Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Well, I`m not certain if I have food triggers or not but I have my suspecions. I like oatmeal and tomatoes.It seems like if I eat a lot of tomatoes in a week, i get a migraine. I`ve been staying away from oatmeal. Last July I had a glass of wine and haven`t had any since because I had a really bad headache for days.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Of course I do! I get migraines over nothing all the time, so who am I to not indulge myself
every once in a while if they are going to happen regardless. My stupid mistake is "oh I'll
only have a little of my trigger..." because I still get a monster and I end up wishing I had more!

As long as you only do it every once in a while and you are prepared to deal with the
consequences I do it. But go whole hog. Have two bagels and a whole gallon of orange juice!
LOL!

Oh and Kate,
Do yourself a favor, I know it's a lot of work but keep a journal for a few weeks of what
your eating and drinking and when you get migraines. You'll find out your triggers real fast
that way Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm

I have no known triggers and to be honest if I knew what they were I wouldnt ever go near them.
Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

When you crave a Trigger food..... Empty food trigger

Post  rileyoday Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:02 am

I dont know of a food trigger, but I think bananna and onion. The onion easy to want and avoid.

I would sure like a bananna but dont . As said earlier when you have almost daily how can you be sure ?

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel328 Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:17 am

Mmmm... what I would do for a piece of dark chocolate... But I KNOW it would send me off the deep end.

I confess, that during this four-month migraine, I have had dark chocolate because "it can't get worse" but I have done so in moderation.

Rachel

Rachel328

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:24 am

My two biggest triggers are alcohol and aspartame. Aspartame is easy to avoid. I'll go for the great taste of sugar anytime!

Though I seldom drink, if I do decide to, I'll just go all out and have four or five. If I'm going to get the headache from just one I might as well have fun while I'm doing it! clown

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:41 am

Yep. Charlotte's example is exactly what I was talking about. I went out and drank ONE drink
on New Years Eve and the next day I had a terrible M. I wished I drank more and at least had a
good time. I realize now that if I'm going to go out and have my trigger, which is alcohol,
I'm just going to go out full hog. If i'm going to suffer so bad for one, I might as well suffer just as bad but have fun the night before Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Since chocolate is one of my triggers, I sometimes will have a piece when I'm already migraining (like Rachel says "it can't get much worse") if my stomach isn't too upset.

I don't crave chocolate anymore the way I used to. Not sure if it's hormones or what that causes the chocolate cravings.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Honestly, most of the known triggers are easy for me to avoid. I love red wine, but it wasn't worth the migraines so I stopped drinking it. From there it was easy to stop drinking alcohol altogether. Did the migraines get better? Yeah, they did.

I avoid bananas, nuts, processed meats and other foods that I think might be triggers. I do eat aged cheese, but in moderation. I love sharp cheddar cheese, but on average I eat it maybe 2 or 3 times a month, not very often. I don't eat other aged cheese enough to make a difference. I love onions, I eat alot of them in my cooking, but they've never been a trigger for me. I don't know about aspartame, but I do use splenda. It doesn't bother me. MSG is a huge trigger for me, so I check labels carefully for that. Chocolate's never been a problem for me as a trigger, and I don't eat alot of it anyway. Love dark chocolate. Smile
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down