migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I smell smoke, the house is burning?

+4
Tngirl83
Greeneyes
Kate
Hal
8 posters

Go down

I smell smoke, the house is burning? Empty I smell smoke, the house is burning?

Post  Hal Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:52 pm

The windows are closed and the doors are closed. It is cool outside, but very comfortable inside. I begin to smell smoke and start looking for a cause. Smoke is a serious trigger for my bad migraines. I can't find any reason for smoke. Finally, I go outside and see my neighbors chiminey is blowing smoke like an old steam engine. It is drifting over my house, on the roof, against the windows. My head feels as if it will explode. I am very upset. My neighbor is burning a fire in her fireplace. I was almost rid of the three day migraine and now it is so bad I feel like barfing. I wish this gal could feel the pain I have. I am not a happy camper. There should be a law against such polution. Pain, Pain, Pain.
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

I smell smoke, the house is burning? Empty Re: I smell smoke, the house is burning?

Post  Kate Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:37 pm

LoL, I`m the same way with smoke. The other day I was at the Drs and there was a burnt smell in there from them using something. Then the heater came on and because people are just starting to turn on their heaters for the first time this year, it also had a bad smell. I couldn`t handle it anymore so I went outside to wait, LOL.

Kate

Back to top Go down

I smell smoke, the house is burning? Empty Re: I smell smoke, the house is burning?

Post  Greeneyes Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm sorry Hal...smoke is a trigger for me as well. Feel better soon,
blessings,
greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:48 am

I feel you. My brother is a fire fighter and if he has been out fighting a fire and comes home smelling of the smoke I get a migraine.

My neighbor on one side has a wood stove and neighbor on the other side has chimney and I dread winter time because of the smoke.

Between the smoke and the cats (I'm severely allergic) I don't go outside my immediate house much.

hoping your pain eases..
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:01 am

Hal, I am sorry your head is feeling so bad. I thought you were going to say that you smelled smoke, but couldnt find it. I cant tell you how many times I have frightened my family looking for a fire. But, they dont ignore me because one time our next door neighbor's house burned to the ground. I was the one to discover it! That smell lasted for months, very headace inducing. I do hope your migraine is gone soon.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

I smell smoke, the house is burning? Empty smoke

Post  charmed quark Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 am

I get odor hallucinations as part of my aura. Sometimes I smell wood smoke that isn't really there, driving my family crazy as I look for the source. I wonder if my smelling fake smoke could be a trigger - sort of a bootstrap migraine :-)

OTOH - I smelled wood smoke the other night and thought it was just an aura when I couldn't find the source. But I kept smelling it and didn't get a migraine so I started looking for the source again. Eventually I found it by sniffing around seeking the strongest concentration of the odor. It turned out someone had put a wooden spoon in the dishwasher. The water blast had knocked it to the bottom of the dishwasher where it came into contact with the heating element during the drying cycle. So it was smoldering a bit inside of the dishwasher. What a bizarre source of smoke!

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Still in pain. Took more drugs. I really hate this. I feel like blowing a bunch of noxious gas into my neighbors house and see how she likes it. Something that would give her a very bad headache for a few days. Evil or Very Mad
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi,

Hal, so sorry that the smoke gives you a headache. Cigarette smoke and perfumes can trigger a migraine for me. However, I love the smell of a wood fire. When I lived with my roommate we had a nice fireplace and often used it at night and for fun. We never fot complaints. How close is your neighbor? Could you possibly talk to her about it. It is possible she might be willing to cut down on them if she knows the effect it has? Just a thought.

Hope you feel better.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

I smell smoke, the house is burning? Empty smells smoke

Post  rileyoday Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:31 pm

saw house hunters on home and garden channel. the houses they looked at in a certain area of cincinnati ohio you cannot use the fireplace. local ordanance. first I ever heard of that. you need one of those.

smoke and perfume were triggers for me. I also smelled phantom smoke. { never found it }. I was certain something was burning.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Sailingmuffin,

If I told my neighbor, she would make more fires. When I first moved in here, she called the cops on me and complained to the city about everything I did. She even made up stuff. She is a real Witch. Tobacco smoke and Nicotene odor of any kind give me a migraine as well as strong perfumes.

As for the fireplace ordinance, I have heard of that before. I don't know that I agree with it, but it would help my migraines. I have a fireplace and the wood I burn doesn't give me a migraine. This neighbor was burning something besides hardwood.

Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down