migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood)

5 posters

Go down

I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood) Empty I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood)

Post  Stillhurtin Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 pm

I was about to give up on Cymbalta (which was scary as my Dr. says we are out of options in terms of preventatives). So before he let me give up on it he upped it even more (to 90mgs) and after a couple weeks. I think it's working!!! Crazy winter storm thats blowing through would have normally sent me into a few days of 8-9 pain, but.... I'm good!! A lil one felt like it was trying to creep in today but I had 1 pain pill then another 6 hrs later, and I feel fine.

I hope I'm not jinxing it. But I had to share the excitement. Last spring Cymbalta at just 30mgs helped me for a couple months and I felt so great that I went off it and was mostly med and pain free through the summer. Then August hit and things went right back to AWFUL!! =( BUT...Maybe, just maybe, this can get me through the rest of my "rough" season. Crossin my fingers!!

Jessica
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood) Empty Re: I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood)

Post  Kate Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:08 pm

That`s great news!

Kate

Back to top Go down

I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood) Empty Re: I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood)

Post  LG Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm happy to hear it! Great news!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:02 am

I hope it continues for you, Jessica. That would be so great!

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

I think my preventative might actually be working!! (Knock on Wood) Empty preventive working

Post  rileyoday Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:21 am

Still, I read that cymbalta when used with triptans could cause serotonin syndrome.. its in the disclousre in the box the pharmasist gets.

you have to ask for it .. it may be on cymbaltas web... I took for 6 months at increasing dose had a few less M... I believe that Dr. was targetting serotonin level as other Dr. had tried also with other scripts.

I do hope it will work for you and the MFG was passing out free {early 08 } check Dr. office

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down