migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious - are you at work?

+4
Paradox
VickiG
Hal
marion
8 posters

Go down

Curious - are you at work? Empty Curious - are you at work?

Post  marion Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:17 pm

I notice that there is always someone online but no posts going up. So, how many people sit with the forum open and glance at it during the day while at work?

I'm guilty.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Curious - are you at work? Empty Re: Curious - are you at work?

Post  Hal Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Marion,

I stay logged in most of the time, so I guess I am guilty. However, I check the forum several times a day. My most favorite hobby is Amateur (Ham) Radio. I use the computer to generate many different types of digital communications and to control the transmitting equipment. Thus I am able to check up on what is going on with the rest of the world while talking to the rest of the world(?).

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm not well enough to work, but I do keep Ronda's as one of my tabs in my Internet. I don't bother to turn off my computer when I get done, and sometimes it doesn't seem to notice and doesn't go to sleep, as it is supposed to because I'll notice updates on Facebook, another tab I keep open (the third is my email). So I could very easily be seen as being online when I'm not posting. Or it will show me as online if I'm just doing something else online, not at Ronda's.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Guilty....
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 pm

While I am at work I check this site. I cannot log on because I am at work and they monitor what we see and our emails. I just do not want them knowing my business.
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 pm

I check in several times a day but do not keep it open.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm pushing myself through the days with painkillers and today spent my lunch in the conference room where I slept off a little of the fog. Only the other migraine sufferers on here know what it's like. I try and hide the pain so any poor work won't be blamed on the migs. So yes, I take 5-10 minutes and check on the posts maybe twice a day unless it's a terribly busy day. It reminds me I'm not the only one.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm also lucky that there are a lot of migraine sufferers where I work. I wouldn't be surprised if there are where you work also. A lot of people don't talk about it.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:46 pm

There is one guy in my office who gets them frequently like I do and others who get them but not often. It's best to hide it because I get all the well-meaning people telling you what they've heard of to get rid of them and I lose my patience with them. Grrrrr. Mad

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm

I have not been able to work for 20 years because of Migraine and IBS and FMS.
I dont miss it anymore, but probably would still check in if it was "allowed".

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:42 pm

I just got back from the grocery store. The checkout gal asked me how I was feeling and I said "terrible". She said, "you always say terrible". I told her that I had chronic migraines and that today was especially bad. She said that she gets migraines also and knows exactly how I feel. She said that I she takes a couple of aspirins and gets rid of her migraines and that I should try regular, plain aspirin without all of that extra stuff. She probably thinks a hangnail requires major surgery. I just told her I would try some.

It seems that the whole world is suffering from extreme migraines and getting relief from plain aspirin. That's the secret people. We should stop taking all of that extra stuff. That's what is causing our problem! Maybe just chewing some willow bark ( aspirin au-natural).

Why do we not talk to people about our migraines? Because most people just have no clue. Evil or Very Mad
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down