migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrated...

+2
lesherb
alli
6 posters

Go down

Frustrated... Empty Frustrated...

Post  alli Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Why is it when I have a trip planned that my pain levels increase? I'm driving up to Oregon to see my friend who I haven't seen in 4 years, and also drop in on my Mom on the way there and back. Yesterday the temps dropped drastically, from 104 on Tues to barely 80 on Thurs and today it's even cooler.

My hands hurt so much! and my feet are also acting up but I can handle that a bit better. But I need my hands for everything! I'm dreading the drive and it is too late to change my mind and fly. I also have a non-head pain migraine, I just have the other stuff, nausea, slightly blurry vision, some facial pain, and just a tab bit of irritability.

It doesn't seem to matter what the weather is. Heat makes the Peripheral Neuropathy worse in my feet and legs, and cooler weather makes my hands hurt more. Both flare the Fibro. Mad It is so frustrating!!!

alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Frustrated... Empty Re: Frustrated...

Post  lesherb Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't have fibro or neuropathy so take this for what it's worth. I would plan on having these things flare up all the time and then if they don't, it would be a happy surprise. If you can manage to make the trip while suffering from these conditions, then I hope you're able to over come the discomfort and enjoy your visit.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 am

I know what you mean except my pain is always a migraine when I take trips. It really sucks!

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 am

Kate wrote:I know what you mean except my pain is always a migraine when I take trips. It really sucks!

I am trying to go and visit my friend with Parkinsons. I am getting axious about how on earth I am going to do it.
I am desperate to try, but scared of getting stuck in pain.

Now she has gone funny on me (she has dementia) and wants me one day and not the next....
I figure I must get there (10 hrs there and back). But still working on how and when.

Alli, I hope we both have luck and no pain....my fibro has not been so bad, but once I get in the car....ooh my neck...

Good luck to us both.

cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:38 am

Alli,
I feel for you.
I had a horrible vacation.
We visited my in laws and due to the heat I felt bad almost every day. I was very asocial all the time. I spent my days between the bed and the garden where there was shadow and cooler air.
I could be friendly only at night, when temperatures dropped and my head felt normal again....

I would anyway leave if I had planned everything, but not alone. I would not trust myself enough during the drive. So, be careful or at least wait a few days for a better shape.

Take care
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:11 am

Everything went fine. I had a great time although my feet were and still are giving me fits. So I use my cane and sit as much as I can.

We cleaned off the last of my friends blueberry bushes and found the mother lode of delicious, juicy blackberries in the back of her pasture. I'm in berry heaven. I see a pie in my future! I was thinking about making jam but I've already eaten too many of the berries. Smile
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:04 pm

I've come to notice that whenever I have anxiety, my pain tends to increase. When I was upset at my parents' being gone in Kenya, what do you know? I got much worse! I think that our bodies can handle only so much outside pressure, and so they give way when that pressure comes on. That's the basic theory I'm working with my therapist about, how to try to find ways to alleviate that extra pressure. If I can learn to identify things that will make me upset or have extra stress, I can learn to deal with them before they become too big an issue, so hopefully I can avert some of that extra pain that I might get from the pressure. Does that make sense?
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down