migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel Tips

4 posters

Go down

Travel Tips Empty Travel Tips

Post  tecky Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:42 am

I know there are others who have difficulty traveling, too. It seems like any trip in any vehicle (plane, auto) causes me to pay for it for days/weeks with increased pain and all the accompanying symptoms (head, neck, shoulders, upper back, stomach, fatigue, you name it).

Does anyone have any tips on traveling successfully and comfortably? My family all live a good distance away and I would so love to see them more often, but the aftermath of any travel is just so difficult to deal with.

I travel with ice packs, my "med" bag, pillows, blankets, etc. We stop frequently so I can get up and move around a bit.

Thanks so much for anything you can share. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Travel Tips Empty Re: Travel Tips

Post  alli Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:40 am

I'm like you. Travel is hard on me. The only tip I have is that I take aleve before and during my trip. Since inflammation is a biggie for me if I start taking Aleve a couple of days before I leave it helps with the stiffness and pain. It builds up a bit in my body so that when I do start my trip it's already working. I also drink extra water if I haven't been hydrating well. Planes and closed vehicles can be dry so the extra water helps.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Don't know if you have problems with this, but I ask my Dr to give me cipro to have on hand in case I get a bladder infection. Nothing ruins a trip faster. Traveling seems to make the problem worse. I'm happy my GP trusts me enough to do this.

Sounds like you have the m covered...having my own pillow is important too...I think it helps with my neck.

Happy trails...
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:58 am

I have relatives who live 100 miles away and I love them a lot. Most times that I visit them, however, I get a migraine Sad.
I try to avoid driving and I wear large sunglasses the whole time while my husband drives.
I also make a stop during the drive and have a cup of coffee. It helps.

I
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down