migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sydney to mountains of New Mexico

2 posters

Go down

Sydney to mountains of New Mexico Empty Sydney to mountains of New Mexico

Post  lentils Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 am

I flew to LA from Sydney last week and my husband and I drove to New Mexico from LA with a dog and 3 cats. No head problems at first. I was really enjoying being back in the US. I went off my migraine diet and had some coffee to help me drive.
The first couple of days at 8000 feet above sea level were fine and then I got a migraine that I don't get very often. It originates in the back of my head and is associated with lack of oxygen. I used to get it in Sydney if I had a long train ride in a crowded train with little ventilation. It lasted about 3 hours and then aborted abruptly without medication, which is a first for me.
Now I think I have low level of altitude sickness, headachey, lethargic, urinating a lot. The headaches feel like low level migraines, they are across my forehead and temple .My sinuses are involved and my nose is running. I also have edema in my feet and I can see that my face is puffy.
I also have increased sensitivity to smells, which is unfortunate as I can smell every cleaning product they have used here and the furniture smells damp.
So far it has been tolerable. I'm guessing that I will get used to it all. When I moved to Sydney I didn't have any migraines for the first 3 months, so things could get worse.
Sydney has heavy cloud cover and is at sea level and I do think living at a higher level with be better once I get acclimated to it.
I hate being like this, I feel like a fussy plant that needs precise environmental conditions to do well.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Sydney to mountains of New Mexico Empty changes in elevation

Post  lentils Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:49 am

I think there are two problems. The first is CSF changes. I can not lie flat without getting a headache. I have been sleeping with my head propped up.
The second is decreased oxygen causing an almost constant low level headache. It is only relieved by the afternoon rain. It is not dawn yet, and I know I am going to have a bad day.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Sydney to mountains of New Mexico Empty Re: Sydney to mountains of New Mexico

Post  ajg33nyc Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:00 am

hey lentils!
what is "CSF" changes?
ajg33nyc
ajg33nyc

Back to top Go down

Sydney to mountains of New Mexico Empty CSF

Post  lentils Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:04 pm

changes in cerebrospinal fluid. I think the pressure was elevated and it was giving me a migraine. When I slept with my head elevated I did not awaken with a migraine. Just a guess, I don't know what was going on.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Sydney to mountains of New Mexico Empty Re: Sydney to mountains of New Mexico

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down