migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Swimsuit for a Baseball Game

+2
Mianna
AZgirl
6 posters

Go down

New Swimsuit for a Baseball Game Empty New Swimsuit for a Baseball Game

Post  AZgirl Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 am

That might seem like an odd title, but here's the whole story:

Our local baseball field, Chase Field, has a swimming pool in it. You can buy tickets to "sit" in the pool area for the Diamondbacks games. We have season tickets in the upper deck of the regular seats that we share with several people my husband works with (there's no way we could manage to go to all the games during the season).

The account rep called my husband one day and asked if he would be interested in buying tickets in the pool area for any of the games. He thought it over, asked the price, and said sure. So we are booked to sit in the book area for Sept 22! We are so excited! My mom is joining us, along with some of the guys my husband works with and their wives. The pool area previously had to be booked as one group, but now they sell it on a per-person basis, so we bought our 5 tickets and the others bought their tickets, etc. It is much more affordable now.

My mom and I decided the event called for new swimsuits, because the people in the pool almost always get on TV and/or the jumbotron inside the ballpark. So today I went swimsuit shopping and luckily found a swimsuit.

My poor, poor Diamondbacks are not a winning team this year, but we are still supporting the home team, still enjoying attending the games, and will still look foward to our big night in the pool area. The ballpark gates open 2 hours before game time, and we plan to be there that early to start enjoying the facilities for as long as we can. And we will stay for as long as we can after the game. That night is the same night as a Diamondbacks kids' club appreciation party that our daughters will have earned enough points for, so they will have to choose between the party and the pool (I hope they choose the pool).

So if you are watching the Colorado Rockies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks on Sept 22, look for the people in the pool. I just might be one of them.

AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

New Swimsuit for a Baseball Game Empty Re: New Swimsuit for a Baseball Game

Post  Mianna Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 am

Love it! Never heard of such a thing....so cool and so happy you and your family are doing this.

Now....me? I'd be in my sarong the whole time!!!! Goooooooo Lynelle!
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am

How fun!!! What a cool way to enjoy the game. I was just at an A's game in the Barbeque area, which I didn't even know was there Razz and it was great! You could sit in the seats or at a table and it was a pretty good view right along the third baseline. One of the companies we work with gave our office a bunch of tickets so I took full advantage.

Baseball is one of those things that just makes Summer fun.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:33 pm

That sounds fantastic!! Glad you found swimsuits--that is sometimes hard this time of year in my state--too picked over.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:34 am

I just had to check your message when I saw the curious title. What fun! I have always had a hard time finding swimsuits because I'm so large in the bust and also have a bulge in the abdomen. Even when the doctor was telling me that I was underweight and needed to gain (10 years ago!), I still looked pregnant in most bikinis.

So what I love are swim skirts, which let me wear a tank top for the top (mine has an actual underwire bra hidden inside it) and a skirt attached to the bottom of the swimsuit, which covers up the bulge in my abdomen. And this particular suit has been great because I've lost at least 20 pounds since I bought it, but I still fit in it just fine!

And where did I find my marvelous swimsuit? The Wizard of Bras! Yes, that is an actual store, where they measure each customer and help you find the perfect fit for you. I got my strapless bras there for $30 apiece! And these are sizes that department stores don't carry because I'm so large too, so they could have charged an arm and a leg because they had the market cornered. But they didn't! What a wonderful store!

Hope you enjoy your game in the pool!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Sarong, Mianna? I'd be in the caftan. Hello, Mrs. Roper...

But, WHAT FUN! Never heard of it but it sounds like a great way to spend the day with the family. Enjoy!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down