migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neverland

+4
mxgo
CluelessKitty
Brent
VickiG
8 posters

Go down

Neverland Empty Neverland

Post  VickiG Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:34 pm

There is a California state legislature (not sure whether from the state Senate or Assembly) who is trying to get the state park service to make Neverland, the former home of Michael Jackson, into a state park. That would require buying the land, which I think I saw Jackson bought for $2 million or so and which would be worth many times that now, and renovating it for public use, and then running it. The man envisions piped in music (presumably of Jackson's songs) as people explore the grounds.

When California has such a tremendous deficit, and the state controller is fighting with the courts and governor to keep paying state workers their full salaries instead of minimum wage, which the law apparently now says they should be paid if the budget isn't in on time (and it never has been for many years), it seems like we ought to have much better priorities on how to spend our state money than that! But his logic is that CA is the entertainment capital of the world, so the state should showcase that by buying Neverland.

Besides, the man who owned this was almost certainly a pedophile. Whether you like his music or not, he's not the kind person I think we should be holding up as a model for others to follow.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Neverland Empty Re: Neverland

Post  Brent Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:11 pm

My state legislators come up with the same idiotic ideas also. One of the requirements to be one is to have the ability to leave most of your brain outside in your car before entering the state house or senate.

We hear the saying "Spending money like drunken sailors". I know some heavy drinking sailors and they stop spending money when they run out of it. Its' an insult to them.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:33 am

Besides, the man who owned this was almost certainly a pedophile. Whether you like his music or not, he's not the kind person I think we should be holding up as a model for others to follow.

The man is dead, can't defend himself anymore, can he be finally left in peace please.

This ugliness really has nothing to do with the issue, but really doesn't.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:04 am

I beg to disagree, Risa. I think that the fact that he had an inappropriate relationship with children, whether or not it reached the level of pedophilia, does have an impact on why I wouldn't support the state's turning his home into a state park because it glorifies someone who doesn't deserve it. I believe that while in some cases, you can separate art from the artist, Neverland is too connected to the artist's life and his desire to go back to childhood, which led to his lifestyle, to be able to showcase it as a state park without bringing in his personal life.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 am

With the deficits, we have, spend the money elsewhere. Like upkeep on existing state parks and highway comfort stations.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:14 am

If the family wants to do something like Priscilla did with Graceland, that's one thing. I don't believe the State should even be considering this.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:56 am

If the family did it with private money it would be more profitable anyway and ultimately make more tax revenue for the state. besides, anything government touches turns to crap.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:29 pm

I beg to disagree, Risa. I think that the fact that he had an inappropriate relationship with children, whether or not it reached the level of pedophilia,

First of all, whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

I for one don't believe in pedophile charges. I believe Jackson was blatantly used for money extortion.
It was only too easy for the man of his caliber, and one who surrounded himself with children to be accused of something like that.
I have watched the first trial, the inconsistencies and holes in witnesses statements were so glaringly obvious even for a layperson.

The second time over it was even easier to do that since once somebody's tainted, it's even more difficult to defend yourself. A person who did that, knew that very well.

You should be very careful where you throw your accusations, Vicky, especially if you don't have a proof.
If you don't have a proof, then out of respect for a dead person I would abstain from talking bad about him.
Isn't it, after all, well, a Christian thing to do?

Risa

CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:32 pm

I'm sorry, I tend to believe the accusations about him. If nothing else, he was definitely a weird, weird man. I don't think his lifestyle of drug use, etc. should be glorified. I agree with Leslie, if his family wants to do something like that, it's their right. I don't believe the government should have anything do with turning it into a public park. It's very inappropriate, IMO.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:44 am

The State of California does NOT have the money to buy and run Neverland. If someone wants to make it into a park, then let private money do it. His creepiness aside, we have much better things to spend the money on, like Fire control, police officers, education, infrastructure, etc.

Our represenatives have got to learn fiscal control. We are way to close to bankruptcy to waste money on a park. We are cutting back resources on the parks we have... no need to add more fuel to the economic fire that is currently destroying California.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:21 pm

In regards to the man's allegaitons, how can we, the people of such distance to the circumstance and case, be so certain of anything? The media lies, people lie and everything is smoke and mirrors. He was not charged or imprisioned with anything therefore he is very likely innocent. And spare me the line about buying his way out because so many people wanted to beleive this of the weird little man that if anything, he bought the silence of the extortionist. If he was a pheodophile, I would think there would have been more incidences coming forward. It never added up. How easy it is to beleive the worst from someone who is different than the greater populace.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Well said Angela.

I also believe that the man of his caliber, how's that possible his alleged pedophilia never ever was brought to light during so many years, so many papparazzi and surely undercover agents, detectives and what not wanting to dig up something sensational and scandalous about him.
So many years, and what, nothing??
Look what happened to Gary Glitter, sooner or later, if it's is true, a man went to jail.

And indeed if the first alleged case was brought to light, how come nobody else came up and confessed to being molested also? if not for justice, then for money settlements.
btw, I believe most victims does not care about money, they care about justice. so even if one or two wanted to settle out of court, they still should be plenty screaming jail term for Michael. where are they?

A pedophile does not stop at one victim only. So how come nobody came forward?
Look what happens when anybody else does that, for example Catholic Church - victims FLOW forward.
Where are other Michael's alleged victims?

Was Michael weird? oh absolutely, he was perhaps one of the weirdest celebrities we've know. maybe even the weirdest.
But being weird is not unequivocal with criminal.

I think nobody said it better than Angela, and we always should kept these words in mind whenever we hear or see anything about celebrities for it's true!:

In regards to the man's allegations, how can we, the people of such distance to the circumstance and case, be so certain of anything? The media lies, people lie and everything is smoke and mirrors.

amen.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum