migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

migraine Syndrome.

4 posters

Go down

migraine Syndrome. Empty migraine Syndrome.

Post  pen Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Just met a lady on my FB page who had FMS and then was diagnosed with "migraine Syndrome".
Was treated with Pregabalin and has had relief from the migraines.
I had heard of this "Migraine Syndrome" and looked up a link.
Thought it might be of interest to some of you:

http://searchwarp.com/swa34328.htm

pen

Back to top Go down

migraine Syndrome. Empty Re: migraine Syndrome.

Post  alli Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Good luck on finding a Neuro that will treat fibro. Even though the latest info on Fibro is leaning toward a neurological cause rather than a Rheumalogical one, they don't want to hear it. My current Neuro is not even willing to discuss it. My GP is also of the opinion that Fibro should be treated by a rheumatologist. (sp)

It's frustrating. I think it will be a while longer before neurologists want to take on another condition that is so hard to treat.

With that being said Pregabalin didn't provide any significant relief for the headaches and at just 200mgs a day made me gain 40lbs in 6 months and that did not help the fibro at all. The only thing it did help significantly was the TN.

alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:22 pm

I hear that Alli, my neuro is in total denial about it and wont shift from a solid co-morbid stance.
If the XMRV turns out to be a cause then I guess it will be up for grabs.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:56 am

This article looks like an advertisement for the doctor who wrote it, so it might not be the best source. I am especially wary when it says that the doctor will "cure you" of your problems. In any case, if fibro is a manifestation of migraines, as the article suggests, the treatment would be a migraine preventive, which we're already doing for the migraines.

My neurologist treats my mom's fibro, sometimes in consultation with the pain clinic. She said that there really isn't anything special enough about it to make her go to a rheumatologist, since there aren't really meds other than lyrica that do much for the condition itself, so the main treatment is pain killers. My mom's psychiatrist did switch her to cymbalta from another antidepressant because that has been known to help fibro, but my understanding is that it isn't specific to fibro pain. My own psychiatrist put me on it with the hopes it would help my migraines. It hasn't, but it does help my depression, so I still use it.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 am

[quote]"VickiG"]This article looks like an advertisement for the doctor who wrote it, so it might not be the best source.

Yes I agree Vicki, I just used it to illustrate the
migraine syndrome
thing.
I think the suggestion that at least for some people these conditions are symptoms rather causes is a plausible pone.
But in my own case I would say the migraine is a symptom the Fibro a cause.

No one treats my fibro, no one has ever offered me any treatment, I have never even seen a dr since diagnosis.
I am just told it is "difficult".

I dont take anything for the fibro, it is the lesser problem now.
It seems the hormones flared the fibro and then the migraines.
I beat the most of the fibro with my own ideas, but the migraines....I cant fix.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Vicki is quite right. I've run across this guy before. He claims to be able to stop all Migraines.

As for "Migraine syndrome," there are different terms used. Personally, I use "Migraine disease" because Migraine does fit the definition of disease. There's a group working now on a paper about what Migraine, Migraine attacks, and people who have Migraine should be called. Hopefully, it will serve as a consensus paper and get more people on the same page.

Teri

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down