migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Western Blot came back positive for Lyme, big time headaches.

Go down

Western Blot came back positive for Lyme, big time headaches. Empty Western Blot came back positive for Lyme, big time headaches.

Post  susanasophia Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 am

A few weeks ago I was having horrible headaches, fever, couldnt turn my head, was feeling very sick. I had a red patch on my leg that grew to 100 times its original size over the next few weeks. The doctors put me on 5 different antibiotics, was in the ER with antibiotic IVs, nothing was bringing the infection down. They all kept saying "doesnt look like lyme, this doesnt fit the Lyme criteria, etc."
FINALLY they did a blood test at my request and came back positive.
I went to an infectious disease doc who did the Western Blot test and it came back positive.
I dont remember a tick, I'm an indoor kind of girl, I just know that suddenly I was very sick and I was told that I had "cellulitis" for WEEKS.
Im on the doxycylin now, feeling tiiiiiired, but I'm glad I caught it in time.
The headache is much better now, finally. I live in Massachusetts.
A lot of people dont get/see a rash or see the tick, so if you suddenly have the severe headache and feel like you've been hit by a truck, get tested.
xo
susanasophia
susanasophia

Back to top Go down