migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My fault

4 posters

Go down

My fault Empty My fault

Post  phillips87 Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 am

How many of you take yours meds the minute you feel a migraine coming on?
I am not good at all about taking my meds immediately? I tend to have so many headaches, sinus, tension etc... that a lot of the time I try to treat my migraines as a different type of headache.
When I take my meds the ONLY way it works is if I lay down for about 1 hour. Sometimes I just cannot do that in the middle of my day.
My husband gets so annoyed with me, often times I feel that he gets annoyed with the fact that I have headaches in general Rolling Eyes
phillips87
phillips87

Back to top Go down

My fault Empty Re: My fault

Post  WitsEnd Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi,

When it comes to migraine, I take a triptan as soon as I feel it coming on. Very much a " the sooner the better" policy for me.

Regular headaches, I try to hold off and see if it will shift itself. I can usually tell straight away though if I need to take something.

I know a lot of people who try to hold off taking meds but I don't really. In my eyes, life's too short and busy to be suffering.

But that's just what works for me.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm very bad about taking my meds. Even after 20+ years of this, I'm still of the "wait and see" philosophy! I guess I'm still in denial. Rolling Eyes
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I have just had to resort to Triptan 7.30 in the evening....what a stupid time....
I havent een bad all day, but went out briefly with husband in car, our AC is broken and its 84 out there.
Came home with a headachey feeling. Within an hour sudden bad pain on left.
Now left is not my side. I should have known I cant wait it out.

So I did anyway and 90 minutes later take a Frova.....I cant deal with it if I cant sleep with the heat.
Now I wonder what I will do if it comes back in the night....

But I do try to wait, and sometimes it pays off others like today, mistake.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down