migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All the women, you have to hear this....

5 posters

Go down

All the women, you have to hear this.... Empty All the women, you have to hear this....

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 pm

I am reading an article in More magazine that states: if you are a woman with a waistline over 88 centimeters (35inches) you are at higher risk to have migraines. 39 percent higher. What do you think about that? Pretty amusing. BTW My waist is not over 35inches. Just for the record. We should do a survey. G.

Back to top Go down

All the women, you have to hear this.... Empty Re: All the women, you have to hear this....

Post  HeelerLady Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:54 pm

I might be an odd case but when I started losing weight that's when my migraine troubles began. I'm well below 35" as well.

I think we should look at adult onset and whether a gal was on the heavier side. There are so many here that have gained weight due to the medications that some take and that's not a very good assessment.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

All the women, you have to hear this.... Empty Health risks of a big belly

Post  Mule Kick Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:18 pm

According to page 136 of the June / July 2010 issue of the Reader's Digest an oversize waist increases risk of early death, even if you are not overweight, for both men and women. A big belly ups your risk of breast cancer and colon cancer.

A big middle is particularly hard on the heart, tripling the risk of fatal heart disease in a Harvard School of Public Healthstudy of 44,636 women.

For men, risk for diabetes and heart disease begins to rise with a reading of 37 inches; a measurement of 40 inches and up is considered high risk.

For women, 32 inches is the danger threshold, and 35 inches is high-risk terrain.

Waist measurement is taken on bare skin with the lower edge of the tape measure resting on the top of your hip bones.

When I measured my waist this way, I found that, yikes! I was right at the danger threshold of 32 inches.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

All the women, you have to hear this.... Empty Re: All the women, you have to hear this....

Post  Brent Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:39 pm

That belly fat (visceral fat) can become like an endocrine gland that excretes inflammatory molecules. It's linked to high cholesterol, high insulin, high triglycerides, high blood pressure and other problems. It's an equal threat to men and women.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

All the women, you have to hear this.... Empty obesity

Post  Norma Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm

There were a lot of articles awhile back that linked obesity to migraine. Frankly, I think that perhaps there is a co-morbid situation, not a causal situation. I have never been over 120 lbs, and had 2 decades of my life stolen by migraine disease.

Norma

Norma

Back to top Go down

All the women, you have to hear this.... Empty Hi Norma

Post  Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I agree. Sounds like they're really stetching to find more reasons for people not to be fat. I have never had extra weight either. Yet I've had migraines since my 30's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm a goner....

But, my mother who was a very tall, slender Swede also had chronic migraines...so I guess we cancel each other out.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down