migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble Swallowing Pills????

3 posters

Go down

Trouble Swallowing Pills???? Empty Trouble Swallowing Pills????

Post  milo Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:01 pm

I just learned a new trick. I hate swallowing pills, and often have difficulty. I've just discovered a study done with kids that simply had them turn their heads to look to the left or the right while they swallowed.

It works like an absolute charm! The study says one side is usually more effective for a person then the other, so feel free to try it out both ways.

Happy swallowing.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Trouble Swallowing Pills???? Empty pils

Post  dawn.binks Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:50 am

it does work milo. its also called the distraction theory and its simply getting a person to concentrate on doing something else while getting them to do something they dont like or have a fear of. i nursed for a consultant who had pts referred to him for people who couldnt swallow pills and we had the worst cases where theyd vomit as soon as they put the pill nr their mouth and he got them to lift a leg up and had sucess eventually with every pt!! well done. i find i get problems trying to swallow when i just have a mig!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Trouble Swallowing Pills???? Empty Re: Trouble Swallowing Pills????

Post  Mule Kick Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:11 pm

I am in my fifties, and I have never been able to swallow pills! They do not go down period.

I can only take liquid, chewable, sublingual, or disintagrator meds or suppliments. Though I can crush some tablets or open some capsules and take the resulting powder or granules with applesauce. Even then I still sometimes get the vomit response, especially for ones that taste particularly foul.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 pm

So Mule...have you tried this trick?

I got curious and tried lifting my foot to swallow and alas, down they went. I'm not the worst at swallowing, but this new trick has certainly helped.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Trouble Swallowing Pills???? Empty swallowing

Post  dawn.binks Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:02 pm

yay!! cheers
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down