migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New toy. I got an IPAD

+2
CluelessKitty
Paradox
6 posters

Go down

New toy.  I got an IPAD Empty New toy. I got an IPAD

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 pm

My computer at home crashed and the Internet service was expensive out here in the boonies. So, I got an IPAD. Mostly I just come to Rondas and FB, so it seemed ideal.

I got the 3G so I can connect through AT&T anytime, anywhere for $30 a month unlimited access. Plus there are no contracts. My girlfriend uses hers with her wi-fi at home and just signs up for the ATT when she travels and then cancels it.

Plus at work I'min charge of a project to provide eBooks so I wanted to have a handle on the technology.

I do need to get a dummies book for it, but so far I'm loving it. I'll probably go broke when I figure out how to download apps. There are such cool ones. I want the bird identifier one. anyone have any cool IPhone ops you'd recommend?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

New toy.  I got an IPAD Empty Re: New toy. I got an IPAD

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 pm

I have no idea what either is, but it sounds terrific !!! have fun with it Laughing

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:12 am

I'm envious. I want one! I just had to buy my daughter a laptop fully loaded though so can't justify me getting one anytime soon. Maybe next year. Enjoy!

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:11 am

Sounds fun! Please keep us posted on what you learn about it and how things work--it sounds fascinating. Enjoy!!!! flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 am

I have about a million apps.

A lot of medical ones as well as medication ones.

I love the brain game ones too. Go into the apps store, then search under FREE. This will show you all the free ones for you to play with.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:40 am

You're a forerunner!
This seems the future of PCs, books, internet, smartphones...
I can't wait to try one
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm not usually the first to run out and get a gadget, but I was at a meeting and it was a riot watching a bunch of librarians caressing one. There are so many uses for me in the Library world. Just for instance, book shopping. I'll be able to have my online catalog pulled up so I won't buy any duplicates.

and Ill be able to help my patrons with eBooks rather than getting one of my high school employees to do it. My old boss didn't always keep up on the newest technology, she said that's what she had me for. Well, now that Im the boss I have a different philosophy that I want to know how to do what I expect my staff to know.

Still not great with the touch keypad so you're going to have to put up with some funky boo boos.

My son might take it on their honeymoon with them. It would be handier than their laptops with continual 3G coverage.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down