migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Atlantic Ocean

+3
Paradox
AZgirl
lesherb
7 posters

Go down

The Atlantic Ocean Empty The Atlantic Ocean

Post  lesherb Fri May 21, 2010 2:21 pm

This video was posted at my hometown discussion forum. It takes you along A1A (the road alongside the ocean) here in Florida and about ¾ of the way through, shows you the ocean fully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdCezHVLOI
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

The Atlantic Ocean Empty Re: The Atlantic Ocean

Post  AZgirl Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Lovely. I think I would like it there.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 21, 2010 10:49 pm

looks fun!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat May 22, 2010 11:59 am

I've always wanted to live by the water. Instead I'm stuck in the middle of an old cow pasture in the Mid West. How did that happen?????
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat May 22, 2010 4:34 pm

I am about 5 miles, as the crow flies, from the ocean (illustrated in this video). I never go there. I like knowing it is there, though.

I spent all summer going to the ocean when I was a Long Islander (Lawn Guylander). Now, it is too hot and I have no one with whom to go (hubby doesn't like the beach). Not to mention, I no longer fit in my bathing suits and refuse to buy one big enough!

I think I'd feel trapped living somewhere in the middle of the nation. The ocean is like a window for me. Being far from it, made me feel closed in when I lived in upstate NY. The mid-west would be even worse!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat May 22, 2010 4:42 pm

England is an Island....No!!!! Very Happy
But because of the volume of traffic it can take a very long time to go not very far.

We live in middle England and our nearest coast is about 70 miles.
This could easily take 3 hours to drive depending on time of day.
So despite being a small island we dont get to see the ocean that much.

BTW, should you get over, take advice before visiting the English "sea side".

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun May 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Beautiful (and I like Patsy Cline singing "Crazy" too)!! I've seen the ocean from San Francisco, but I've never stood on the beach of the ocean--that's something that would be on my "bucket list".

Growing up in Minnesota with all the lakes nearby, I do miss water. Although I think I prefer more green and less citified beach areas. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue May 25, 2010 11:47 am

tbecky - where in Minnesota?

I'm a long way from the ocean but of course Minnesota is the land of 10,000 plus lakes and lakes like Lake Superior that are comparable to the ocean. I love love love the water and could never be far from it. I've always lived walking distance to some sort of water. Right now I am 1 mile to two lakes and 1 mile to the Mississippi. We have a place on a lake 45 min. away and a place on the Mississippi (literally) a floating cabin and a large boat to go with it. I have only seen the Atlantic so I have my traveling still to do. I would love to live on the ocean but am thankful for what I do have.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Saranya, post your question in the migraine forum, not the misc. forum. Here, we take a break from discussing migraines (which personally, I deal so much with that I'm tired of talking about them) and just talk about life, while knowing that our lives are different because of our migraines. You're more likely to get a lot of responses on the migraine side. And post it as a new thread, not an add-on to another post, so you can get it noticed more.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down