migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures of my animals :)

+3
Paradox
crt
TaraRose
7 posters

Go down

Pictures of my animals :) Empty Pictures of my animals :)

Post  TaraRose Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:30 pm

I dont post here often but find it a great source for support when I really need it. All I usually do is come here and talk about depressing things, so i thought I would post and upbeat thread for once. I am a vet assistant and have always loved animals since I can remember. I ended up with a bunch of them now that I am independant and on my own. So I thought I would share a few pics for whoever wants to see and share a bit about them all Smile

First and foremost my birds, Kiwi and Cagney. Kiwi is my quaker, he is 4 and i've had him since he was a baby. He says about 25 different phrases but for the most part is pretty quiet and well behaved. Cagney is my African Grey, he was given to me this summer by a client at work because he hated her husband and had begun to pluck his feathers. He has an amazing vocab of hundereds of sounds and phrases including song bird calls, farm animal noises, swear words and farts/burps. He is also very LOUD and can be quite naughty at times Wink

Cagney
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kiwi

Next are my kitties:

Nala and Pepper

Little

Day Day

Marley

Day Day was my first cat I got after I moved out of the house, I've had him since he was eight weeks old. He is going on 7 now and the poor guy has had more health problems than I care to count, including vaccine site sarcoma, acute renal failure after anesthesia, femoral head removal due to hip displaysia...you name it. He gives new meaning to having nine lives. Nala I was actually supposed to just be watching her for 3 weeks while her owner went out of town and she dropped her off one morning and never came back. That was 3 years ago. Little was a kitten who was orphaned after his mom died during a c-section. She had been in labor 3 days with a kitten stuck in the birth canal, and when he opened her up her uterus has ruptured. There were two live kittens who, after 25 minutes of CPR, finally came around. The other little kitten died the next day and little was all that was left. I raised him since he was 4 days old. He is now a big rambunctious kitty, his first birthday on january 20th Smile Here is a pic of him with beanie baby brother at 3 weeks old I love you

Last but not least, the guinea pig Wilbur. I found him in a local petstore (that has since been shut down) when he was 8 weeks old in a tiny bucket with about 10 other guinea pigs just beat to heck. He has a huge abcsess in one of his eyes I just couldnt leave him there. So home he came and to the vet. He lost his eye as a result but it doesn't slow him down. He is now a happy, healthy, HUGE 3 year old piggie who eats me out of house and home Rolling Eyes

Oh yes! And the fishtank Smile

I love all of em and feel very comforted being with all of them Smile I definitely wouldn't be nearly as sane if I didn't have them. Cool[img][/img]

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

Pictures of my animals :) Empty thanks!

Post  crt Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Most delightful! Thank you very much. Where would we be without our critters? They bring so much love, comfort, laughter, and joy. I like 'em all. Yes, even reptiles and some bugs.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Pictures of my animals :) Empty Re: Pictures of my animals :)

Post  Paradox Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:57 am

Love the pic's of Day Day! Does he have any basset in him? Very Happy

Just had to bring new kitty to the vet. I'm so happy my regular vet was open and we didn't have to visit the emergency vet! (Her incision from getting spayed got infected). cat

Our babies bring us so much pleasure.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRose Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:06 pm

LOL day day eats like he is half lab. Havent found many things he won't eat. But Little is the worst, I cant leave any food out at all that he can tear open. I have come home to find bags of chips, boxes of cookies, loaves of bread you name it torn open and half eaten. It is a wonder he hasn't gotten pancreatitis yet. Shocked

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:00 am

Great pictures of your pets!! I've never seen a cat marked like Nala - looks just like a tiger...is she a special kind of cat? All your pets are wonderful and very lucky to have you!
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Beautiful animals, thanks for sharing.

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Your animals are delightful! And Marley looks just as my Igor looked like! Is it Russian Blue?

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  TaraRose Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:51 pm

thank you! Nala is a bengal, and Marley is just a shelter cat so I dont know what he is, but I have always suspected that he has some russian blue in him Smile

TaraRose

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:29 pm

What a beautiful family you have. I loved the pics. Thanks so much for sharing.

Becky Very Happy
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down