migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picnic weather here at last

3 posters

Go down

Picnic weather here at last Empty Picnic weather here at last

Post  Senna Sat May 15, 2010 4:06 pm

I am happy to report that the weather in UK is glorious at last - sunny, mild and mellow, so I and my family, are off for a picnic in the hills, tomorrow.

I have been cooking all afternoon getting lots of food ready for my little "army".
Funny how appetites increase when in fresh air doing nothing much, apart from walking getting there to that chosen spot, and perhaps few easy games later.
I adore leasurely pcinics in the open countryside, and this will be our first one this season.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Picnic weather here at last Empty Re: Picnic weather here at last

Post  Senna Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 am

Spoken too soon - picnic in danger. I can see a cloud approaching dangerously close. It is all my fault of course:
planning to do the picnic (or, b-b-q) is one certain way of bringing storms and gales here.

Still, we live in hope - it is still early.
So much for the weather getting warm in the UK.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun May 16, 2010 6:14 am

It's finally "Spring" here too, with high temps in the 70's degrees F, sunshine and gentle breezes. It's so nice to be able to open the windows for fresh air and enjoy the outdoors! sunny flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sun May 16, 2010 11:29 am

In the event the weather was fantastic.
It was quite a walk specially with all the food we carried, but it was well worth it.

WE found a lovely sunny clearing in the little wood close to the top of the hill which was completely sheltered from any breeze, quiet and realxing (apart from sheep nearby getting overexcited by new company).

After our picnic lunch we have set of with my g-children to explore a little further afield, whilst parent relaxed, and we discovered more unexpceted little dips, valleys and some steep paths which you would not know where there, unless you came across them as the greenery is so rich. We marked them for future exploration.

At one stage my 5y old g-daughter said: "It is good to do something new as we never know what we enjoy until we've tried it".
How very true.

The fields across the valleys are now bright green orl yellow with rape, the sky was actually bright blue, so it was stunningly pretty landscape and all on my doorstep.

So, with this picnic - we have officially opened our family's summer season.
It is 6pm now, and the sun is still shining.

I did take some pictures but I wish I knew an easy way of posting. One day I will make point of trying to learn how to do it.

Hope you are all having a great Sunday, today
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sun May 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Sounds like you had a lovely day,

i always seem to be at work when its picnic weather!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sun May 16, 2010 2:57 pm

I am so sorry, Theresa. Were you working today?
Did you have a decent weather where you are?
I am in the East Midlands and after greyish morning (and forecast of showers) it turned out to be really good day.

I hope you will catch a nice day soon for your picnic as well.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down