migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaustion before a migraine?

+3
WitsEnd
Ivy
Peter_sky
7 posters

Go down

Exhaustion before a migraine? Empty Exhaustion before a migraine?

Post  Peter_sky Wed May 12, 2010 4:37 am

Hi,

do others get exhaustion before a migraine? but not afterwards.

I have been having mild headaches or mild migraines most days for a few months now, but yesterday I was exhausted all day, I could hardly keep my eyes open. I went to sleep for a couple of hours waking to a hum dinger of a migraine, after laying there for a few hours at 4 this morning I decided to get up and start work, it helped and after a few hours most of the pain was gone. I don't even feel tired today it is always before a big M I feel exhausted, do others get this?

Well I best make the most of it as my big M normally come in two parts, one day on my right temple the next on my left, it is sort of waiting in the wings ready to pounce. It is a lovely sunny day and I would like to sit in the sun for an hour during lunch but that may be asking for trouble.

I hope that you are all having pain free of low pain days,

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Exhaustion before a migraine? Empty Re: Exhaustion before a migraine?

Post  Ivy Wed May 12, 2010 6:13 am

6/8 hours before the attack, I feel hyperactive, positive, stronger than ever and very dynamic.
Then, 1/2 hours before the attack I have a total breakdown and I feel fatigued, irritable, weak, depressed.

I have learned to co-live with this rollercoaster; the problem is to explain my sudden changes to others.
Family and friends now understand and they accept me the way I am, but sometimes it's hard to cope with colleagues that I don't see daily or with the rest of society....
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

I get exhaustion before and after. It's much worse after though.

I've only once (or twice?) experienced the euphoria some get before.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Wed May 12, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm bang on like Ivy. Superwoman, then crash just before.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Exhaustion before a migraine? Empty exhaustion

Post  charmed quark Wed May 12, 2010 2:37 pm

A lot of time this is a prodrome for me.

About one hour before the migraine starts I will feel sick with fatigue. This is not regular tiredness, but a profound fatigue. I often think I am coming down with the flu or something. At times, I feel like I'm going to pass out with fatigue.

Then, right before the migraine comes on, I get hyper and anxious. I'll actually pace about trying to shake off the feeling. This persists for about 30 minutes as the migraine develops. Then, once the migraine is actually going, I just feel somewhat tired . After the migraine, if it doesn't last too long, I start feeling normal again.

A really long migraine will exhaust me, though.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 pm

It can be part of prodrome, which can begin up to two days before the headache phase fits. It happens pretty often for me. :-(

Teri

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  manyhands Sat May 22, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm exhausted the day after a migraine. There are two people in my life that can sense that things aren't right before it hits. Pain free today, my daily med is helping with the frequency. My problem is now that I lost my insurance three weeks ago and one rush visit just cost $490. I'm a working single parent that is not far over the limit to qualify for help. Does anyone have any resourses out there that they could share? bounce
manyhands
manyhands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down