migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have to laugh...

+5
dcook60
theresae
pen
tecky
lizholmesod
9 posters

Go down

I have to laugh... Empty I have to laugh...

Post  lizholmesod Sun May 09, 2010 8:22 am

Though I want to cry. Broke my 1 month migraine break last night by foolishly getting deydrated during the day. Got a whopping great visual aura in the middle of Dr Who (boo) which ruined my evening. Couldn't sleep through big migraine pain all night.

Got up this morning to one of my husband's booze experiments (blackberry cider this time) having exploded ALL OVER the bathroom. Dripping from the ceiling, in the toilet bowl, over all my clean towels. The ceiling will need re-painting, the tiles re-grouting.

I could barely move to help the clean up and am so MAD with my husband - he did his best to tidy up but he's such a BOY about that stuff. So I have to laugh. I have to, or I'd cry all day...

Actually, maybe he's lucky I'm stuffed up with migraine, or I'd have been even madder. I'm in so much pain I just walked away and got back into bed. Stupid life.

LH

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

I have to laugh... Empty Re: I have to laugh...

Post  tecky Sun May 09, 2010 8:43 am

I'm soo sorry, LH. Men will be boys--in some ways they never grow up. I hope you can laugh at this some day in the future, even though it's absolutely not funny now.

Sending hugs and hoping you feel better soon. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun May 09, 2010 9:13 am

Oh Liz. I can really relate to that. I agree, laugh or you would cry.
Sorry you have migraine, but a whole month....wow, how did you do that?
I got 7 days and I have no idea how or why.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sun May 09, 2010 9:24 am

Its always a bummer when a pain free break comes to an end, i have just had 12 days of no head pain, until 4 days ago it came back, so i know what you mean, yeah you have to laugh at their antics otherwise you would want to hit them over the head with a frying pan!! Lol
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

I have to laugh... Empty keep laughing

Post  dcook60 Sun May 09, 2010 9:39 am

it's the only thing to do when a mess of this magnitude occurs. usually, i find i'm the culprit in messes, even when my 5 children were young and they made plenty of their own.

i've gone off down the street after turning burners on HIGH and coming back to 1) a completely burned kitchen and smoke damage in the entire house and 2) the aluminum bottom of my huge farberware pan melted in big pools on the stove, ruining the stove and the pan.

naturally it's far worse when you have a bad head day, but i guarantee you now, at age 70, when i've had a multitude of awful messes, that they do wait. (not the fires, of course........i keep 2 fire extinguishers now in every kitchen i live in, plus an enormous box of baking soda for throwing on a grease fire.)

well, maybe i gave y'all a little laugh. how about the time i put a gallon jar of crystallized honey in a pot on the stove to melt, very low heat, and then went to the park with the kids. and forgot about the pot, of course. came back to find hot honey everywere, all over stove top, dripped down in the large 2-shelf cupboard below. i think it took me hours to clean that up. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MOMS, AND THOSE WHO HAVE HAD THEM. dianne

dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun May 09, 2010 2:04 pm

lol! You make me feel better, Dianne. My blunders in the kitchen are injuring myself: burns from the oven, burners or steam, cutting myself with the knife, bonking my head on the corner of a cabinet door, whatever.

Sometimes I'm sure my dog wonders what in the heck I'm doing. I act like I know what I'm doing or where I'm going and when I get there can't for the life of me remember what I was going to do. My dog follows me everywhere, and the look I get sometimes--I can tell she thinks I'm a stick short of bundle. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon May 10, 2010 7:30 am

Liz,
I can so well relate....
Men and house are not a good pair...
My husband loves to cook and his receipts are often very good. In particular he loves to prepare pizza. I love his handmade pizza, but - boy - I have to clean flour from any corner of the kitchen and I have to wash the floor 3 times to get rid of all the tomato sauce.
Of course, I can't make him notice that because I'd hurt his chef's feelings Laughing
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon May 10, 2010 11:15 am

Those messes are the worst and the only thing you can do is laugh. I've had my share. With two kids... there was always something.

I hope your head is better.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Tue May 11, 2010 3:49 am

So, sorry about your pain that resurfaced after a nice long good period - just when we begin to take things for granted, or relax...Yes, we all know that awful feeling.

Of course the disaster would happen just when you are least able to cope with it ...

And it is definitely not funny at the time. It is just the last thing you need when you are feeling really bad.
But you are right, at a time like this there is only one way to cope (if you want to preserve your sanity)and this is: to laugh, laugh, laugh (until you cry yourself to sleep).

How familiar this feeling is. WE have all been there, with various disasters, we all know this laughter which has little joy in it. But this is the only thing that helps.
Yes, boys will be boys - of course it helps when you are in love with the boy/man in question, even if you feel like murdering him at the time.

Dianne, I so relate to your forgetfulness.
I once left an iron (on low) on my ironing board cradle, then we went away for two weeks holidays abroad.
Amazingly enough, apart from returning to a suspiciouly hot house (and excessive electricity bill) I got away with it. Even, the iron still worked.

Mind you, I had to live for years hearing the story told by my dear former husband who found it extremely funny and kept amusing as many people with it, as possible and the story had a title: "The time my wife tried to burn down our house." He never got bored with it, bless him.

Of course there were many more such stories in my long life. I had plenty morey occasions to laugh through tears at various disasters caused by myself or my nearest and dearest when I felt like screaming with frustration . Laughing I found, is always much better then crying. Crying gives me instant M.

SEnna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue May 11, 2010 8:11 am

Robert gets absolutely panicky if I so much as walk into the other room when I have something on the stove.

I was cooking a lovely pot roast with the pressure cooker, the house smelled yummy, yay! Then I walked outside to see how hubby was doing in the garden. And bent down and started pulling weeds.

After awhile the front door banged open with smoke rolling out, smoke alarms screaming, and Robert yelling "Mom, you NEVER leave a stove unattended!". He learned well in Home Ec. However, he now reminds me EVERY TIME I turn on the stove (and this happened 5 years ago).
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

I have to laugh... Empty here's another one from me

Post  dcook60 Tue May 11, 2010 9:47 am

it was only a few months ago, so the saga continues. (those above disasters were in the distant past).

my landlord was here from texas, 2000 miles away, to see his house. one son was here visiting, and we all went to the back yard to check out the falling-down fence.

i had turned on a pot of rice to cook for dinner, because son and i were going to see a play, and time was short. soooooo, promptly forgot the rice cooking. didn't hear the smoke alarms in the back yard, but when we all came back in, they were blaring, house filled w/smoke. lovely way to impress a landlord, right?

he was very kind to help get fans going to blow out the smoke, and never mentioned it since. (what a lovely man!) the house stunk for an entire week; i thought it was ruined. but i did salvage the pan! (i can't stand to toss perfectly good things if they can be cleaned). dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down