migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a scum mother

5 posters

Go down

I'm a scum mother Empty I'm a scum mother

Post  Paradox Sat May 08, 2010 7:39 am

The other day hubby called me at work and asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant for Cinco De Mayo. Of course!

Sitting there drinking my Cinco Margarita special when hubby's cell phone ring's (I had forgotten mine at home). It was my work calling. Robert was there. Robert? Oh yes, the child that I was supposed to pick up at school and take to the dentist instead of sucking down margaritas.

Robert walked three miles from his school to where I work. Man, was he po'd at me. But I was off the hook once I bought him a soda (he is easily bribed).

But, silver lining time...we were so proud that Robert was able to take care of himself in a strange situation. He walked into my work and went downstairs to the employee he's most comfortable with and explained to her what happened. Plus, I asked him, and he said he was proud of himself.

One of my high school employee's was appalled that I did this. I told her she would be a mother one day and feel like the scum of the earth when she forgets HER child somewhere. Embarassed
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

I'm a scum mother Empty Re: I'm a scum mother

Post  HeelerLady Sat May 08, 2010 7:43 am

Oh Charlotte! That happens - I blame it on migraine mind...just forget to do the obvious.

Way to go Robert! That's absolutely awesome for him. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Sat May 08, 2010 11:17 am

I did that. Lost track of time working a project and completely missed the end of school pick up. Luckily my next door neighbor, who was also a very good friend, brought my daughter home. Her daughter and mine were best friends so all was well but man did I feel like scum.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat May 08, 2010 4:13 pm

I remember a couple of months after giving birth to my 2nd child, I left the house with my first child and forgot all about the sleeping infant in the nursery! Luckily, I had not completely backed out of the driveway when I remembered!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat May 08, 2010 9:26 pm

I agree, with Becky, Charlotte, blame it on the migraine mind. It was an unintentional adventure and good learning experience for Robert, and he passed with flying colors. Something to be proud of. Very Happy flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down