migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end

2 posters

Go down

UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end Empty UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end

Post  Senna Sun May 02, 2010 9:53 am

WE have our main election here, next Thursday.
So for the last few weeks here in UK we are precoccupied with TV discussions of prospective leaders, chat shows, newspaper articles. The usual. Only for the first time in about 30 years we have now 3 parties competeing, rather then usual 2, and they are all very close to each other in all the polls.

WE do our election low key, no big scandals - party leaders compete with each other to be nice to each other all the time. We are nice at election time. Specialy this time.
Conservatives, Labour and Liberal Democrats (BTW not Liberal as in USA this has completely different meaning). This Lib Dem, are the newcomers to the Big Boy game, their popularity sudden, as the result of good first TV perormance, of their leader.

They are all very nice family men, with young children and presentable, succesful wives.
In fact to a stranger you could hardly tell which one belongs to each party, they are so similar in their views, as well. All middle class, centre politics not too far right, not to far left - safe middle.

The result is that no one seems to know, how to vote this time - we have a 3 way choice.
We are tired of our current Prime Minister, becasue he was here when banks collapsed, and we are bored with him, people want a new face. So many people have no idea how to vote. Result is many people vote for one party that has no chance of winning, in order to upset another party which might otherwise win their area. People are confused. Tactical voting, is the word.

And here is the joke I heard that this morining - it sounds so very true for some people:

The man looks very worried asking his wife:
We did vote Lib Dem didn't we?
Yes, of course we did.
What worries me now, is that it looks as if they might actually win!

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end Empty Re: UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end

Post  mxgo Sun May 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Good joke, Senna!

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end Empty Re: UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end

Post  Senna Sun May 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Thank you Martin, I am glad you got that - I was not sure if this one would "tavel well" - this is why I gave the longish explanation.
Some jokes are like good wine, they do not travel well.
So I am glad this one "landed safely".

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Sun May 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Senna, that is the way I vote!

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sun May 02, 2010 3:19 pm

So do I, Martin, So do I...This is what worries me.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down