migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

grrrrrrrrrr! Doctors!!!!

+6
Cathy
magic48
marion
Brent
pen
alli
10 posters

Go down

grrrrrrrrrr! Doctors!!!! Empty grrrrrrrrrr! Doctors!!!!

Post  alli Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Why do doctors have their heads so firmly lodged up their.... ??? My doctor has me on Lyrica and I called to have my prescription refilled and they declined it. No call to me about why. You are not supposed to go off Lyrica cold turkey. It can give you seizures, insomnia, HEADACHES!!!, etc.

Why can't they refill for one month and tell me to come in to see the doctor? Instead, nothing...... and I am out of Lyrica. I hope nothing does wrong.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

grrrrrrrrrr! Doctors!!!! Empty Re: grrrrrrrrrr! Doctors!!!!

Post  pen Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Arent they great, these people who hold our lives in their hands.....and to ransom....

Hope you are ok Alli

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:46 pm

That would really hack me off big time. That is why I have referred several mig patients I know to my primary care doc. For most of them it's a long drive but she doesn't require you to come back unless it's very important. I have had dozens of vicodin RX's refilled without even a phone call from her office.

Every mig patients needs and deserves a reliable PCP doc that cares, a lot. Especially since most neuros are in a different reality then we are.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Oh yes a double GRRRR right back at you. Going to Gp today and I MUST get something sorted. So exhausted and know I must go into battle today.
Feel like crying at the prospect.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:59 pm

It shouldn't have to be that way and it will potentially get worse over the next few years.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

grrrrrrrrrr! Doctors!!!! Empty Re:GrrrrrrDr.s

Post  magic48 Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm

thats o.k. after waiting 4 months for my neurologist appt this wednesday...there office calls to inform me i need to reschedule because dr. will be doing hospital rounds and wont be available...whats up with that...and my next appt will be in august...i told her this was not acceptable since i was haveing so many problems...i was offered another dr. in the office....im sorry guys but i really dont want to see the new dr. who has all the availability..because he is new..

anyway i asked to be put on a list if there was any cancellations...so maybe..

magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Alli - I sure hope the sudden withdrawal from Lyrica doesn't cause problems. Why don't these docs care more? I haven't been reading and posting long and it's really interesting to find other people having the same problems I do. It's just wrong that we have to go through this. I have called for refills and left messages and finally ended up taking off work so I could walk in the office and no one could ignore me. Even though my doc is very understanding, they're just too busy. And I never get to talk to him, I leave a question in a message with someone who calls me back with an answer to which I ask another question, to which they say they'll call me back after they ask him, and on and on.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Alli,

I hope you have somehow been able to contact your doctors office about the refill. You are right that you should not stop this drug cold turkey. What is going through these doctors minds? I have found with all the neurologists that I have seen, they all seem to either not have the time or are just plain ignorant about our pain.

I find more understanding, compassion and time with either a GP or any other doctor for other ailments.

I sure hope you can get this solved. Hopefully there is another doctor you can use in the future.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  jeselle Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 am

Can you call your doctor's office and speak to a nurse? It's so not good for you to stop that you really want to resolve this.

I am so lucky that my PCP has a special RX refilll telephone line and they respond within 24 hours. If there is a problem a nurse calls me back.

Yesterday I called to get my rescue med refilled and my PCP was out but the doctor covering filled it-even increasing the dose per my neurologist. The nurse called to let me know that if there was a problem to let them know and they would sort it out.

I am so thankful that getting meds from PCP has been easy-as it should be.

I hope you get your Lyrica soon.
jeselle
jeselle

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am

Well! The slightly nasty message that I left on my doctor's machine did the trick. I informed them that I was completely out of Lyrica and that this was not a medication that I could just go off cold turkey and they needed to refill it asap in entirety or partial til I could get into the doctor. I was just into the doctor a month ago and when they redid my prescriptions, they screwed that one up and only did one month instead of three.

Apparently when the patient knows more about the drug than the office, it gets a quicker respnose. I can see a little freak out when they think of the ramifications of me having a seizure because they cut me off. So my prescription has been refilled in it's entirety- 3 months worth.

Whew!
alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:31 am

Glad it got resolved Alli! flower
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 am

way to go, Alli!!!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down