migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For USA Political Progressives ONLY

+9
Senna
crt
Olee
alli
lesherb
Paradox
LG
moominamy
Richard
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For USA Political Progressives ONLY Empty For USA Political Progressives ONLY

Post  Richard Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:23 am

I do not want to tick off anyone! But this list of the top 10 anti-gay public figures who got caught having same-sex relations just brought a smile to my face.

I don't really like that about myself ... I know these people experience personal pain and I feel for their families. But when a politician makes a career out of gay bashing and then gets hoisted on his own petard, so to speak, it brings a smile to my face.

I have long felt that real straight men don't spend a whole lot of time obcessing about same-sex issues ... my three brothers NEVER think about it ... VERY straight (and progressive) guys. So these (and other) vicious anti-gay leaders always make me think ... hmmmm.

Anyway, this list is interesting to me and brings a smile to my face. Plus the comments sections expands the list to heterosexual pedeophiles - all true public "leaders."

Don't be mad at me ... I don't post 1/1000 of the "gay stuff" I would like to share with yall.

Here it is:

Top 10 Anti-Gay USA Politicians
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

For USA Political Progressives ONLY Empty Re: For USA Political Progressives ONLY

Post  moominamy Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 am

That always makes me smile too when the big reveal comes about. Such a strange hypocrisy. To go to all that effort to hide things Suspect Reminds me of my ex-FIL (long story).........

Very witty site too.

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

For USA Political Progressives ONLY Empty Re: For USA Political Progressives ONLY

Post  LG Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Richard,

I share pictures of my dogs, my baby, me, articles I find interesting and all other stuff on here. Why in the world would we be mad at you for posting things you found intersting!?! Post away!!! I like reading it, too! I was the first in my county to start a Gay-Straight Alliance club in my High School. I know it's not much but I was amazed at how many people were starting to become more tolerant. I did run into negative nellies..some were very mean and ocassionally violent but I think here our thoughts are safe. Smile

Anyways, hypocracy and politicians...it is always a great fun read. Thanks for sharing. It gave me a laugh reading the comments!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:37 pm

"He's not homosexual, he's heterosexual with issues"

OMG, ROFLMAO.

Thank you, Richard, it made me smile on a bad day. I may not be perfect, but I try my best not to be a hypocrite.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:06 pm

The people on this list should be in the closet. Not because they are gay, but because they find fault with others who accept their own sexuality. Homosexuality should not be a matter which comes up for vote.

Gay people don't get to vote on their sexuality any more than white people get to vote on their skin color. Jobs, housing, schooling and marriage belong to everyone. No one should be kept away from the rights that others have.

This is the United States. Growing up, I thought our country was the leader of the world. I thought we were by far the most advanced civilization. I was very much saddened when I realized we aren't.

We'd like to think we are but we can't be unless and until we allow every citizen their right to pursue happiness. I remember being quite surprised that there was a time when women couldn't vote. In fact, it was less than 40 years before I was born that women were given that right.

I hope the day is soon upon us when children just naturally assume that adults can marry whomever they love. Imagine their surprise at finding out it was still disallowed at the start of the 2nd decade of the 21st century!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Amen, Leslie. And while we're at it, repeal the ridiculous "Don't ask don't tell" policy!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:55 pm

I've always thought that he that protests too much is guilty of whatever has crawled up their... you know. And golly gee, sooner or later that is verified!

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:47 am

Howdy Lovegia

Ronda's is so VERY important to the health and sanity of so many that I want to be very careful NOT to damage the community.

For reasons that elude me, my being gay IS an issue to people - take marriage equality for example - it just IS an issue to be gay or to discuss gay in the USA (and Uganda.) THAT is why I carefully labeled this post - I really don't want to make ANYONE feel uncomfortable here at Ronda's.

THAT is why I believe it best NOT to discuss politics here. Yes, we have been able to discuss political issues with mutual respect - but we have also crossed the line into "making folks uncomfortable."

Ronda's is too important for anyone to be made uncomfortable ... no matter how much of a bigoted, war mongering, homophoblic, sexist, racists, religionist they just happen to be (ROTFL - sarcasm!!!) But I do mean that all should feel fine while here.
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:32 am

Hmmm...on the fence here. I see both Lovegia's and Richards point of view. I love learning more about the world and diversity through my on-line friends. Richard, I miss your blog, it exposed me to so much that I didn't know was going on in the gay community.

I think perhaps the right track is to carefully label the subject. Then it can be a "read at your risk".
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Richard wrote:Howdy Lovegia

Ronda's is so VERY important to the health and sanity of so many that I want to be very careful NOT to damage the community.

For reasons that elude me, my being gay IS an issue to people - take marriage equality for example - it just IS an issue to be gay or to discuss gay in the USA (and Uganda.) THAT is why I carefully labeled this post - I really don't want to make ANYONE feel uncomfortable here at Ronda's.

THAT is why I believe it best NOT to discuss politics here. Yes, we have been able to discuss political issues with mutual respect - but we have also crossed the line into "making folks uncomfortable."

Ronda's is too important for anyone to be made uncomfortable ... no matter how much of a bigoted, war mongering, homophoblic, sexist, racists, religionist they just happen to be (ROTFL - sarcasm!!!) But I do mean that all should feel fine while here.

Well said, Richard. Thank you so much for posting this and thank you even more so for thinking of everyone here at Rondas. I appreciate your input and sensitivity to everyone. Smile You really are truly a gem to this community and I value that you strive to make everyone comfortable here.

Either way, I had a blast reading this and I hope everyone else did, too! Regardless of subject matter it sure was funny!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:12 am

My friends and family say they have a hard time figuring me out sometimes when it comes to life,world,political issues etc. I just look at each issue individually and form my own opinion, instead of following the masses like sheep, which can lead you off the cliff. Hang on to the word of the pied piper, close your mind and nod your head to his every word and pretty soon you will be drinking the kool-aid. I could never attach a "conservative","liberal" or any other label to myself. I do however greatly enjoy discussing issues with intelligent and open minded people, which all you seem to be. Some of my views that I held so strongly have been changed by just listening to someone who thinks opposite and giving myself a chance to see the other side. Trust me I say some things in response sometimes that would have you calling me the biggest right wing conservative, and the next day a libertarian or tree hugging liberal.

Richard I agree with you so much about hypocrites, talk about a group that I despise. Why is it so hard to live by what you preach so loudly. I really do agree when it comes to the politicians who are so hateful in public of the Gay Community, it's due to their own embarrassment of their sexuality. They make it so obvious, the louder they yell, the further back in the closet they are hiding. I would respect them more if they could just be honest, too much to ask for that occupation.

I agree with you lesherb, the sex of a person when it comes to marriage seems so insignificant. How about marriage being for people who are in love, what a concept, no matter, their, color,sex,nationality,age, hair color,eye color, weight, height, only requirement: Must be IN LOVE. Hey I'm a live and let live kind of guy, this is such a dumb issue for politicians to be wasting our tax money debating, let people who are in love get married, our economy sucks for God's sake, people are losing their homes,we are conducting 2 wars, and they are policing people who want to .....Love each other? I better stop this rant before a migraine starts.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 am

I choose to differ from you on the subject of marriage. In my reading of history ... arranged marriages etc ... "love in marriage" is a very modern term ... and not working out that well for marriage.

Marriage is a joining of two adults for mutual support and benefit. You cannot understand the financial benefits of marriage to a couple until you have been coupled and not been allowed to marry. Social Security, pensions, health insurance, family memberships at the health club ... the list is too long to write down. Really. When Steve died, my income was slashed by close to 30% AND that included a veery small widowers pension I received from the UCLA pension system. (I am very proud to be the first lgbt widow - widower so honored). Still it was a huge hit to my income.

My Mom took a hit when Dad died also. About 5% to 10% of monthly income. Less than half the hit I took. And the only difference was the civil marriage license.

Marriage is commitment ot make a life together - to be family in all that word entails. It is serious business. At least to me.

When marriage is based on love - it will lead to divorce. Feelings like love change. Look at the divorce rate. But the committment of love, that mature, committed, family love - THAT kind of love will never change ... no matter what. AND both have to have that mature, committed love - or divorce.

But people marry for all sorts of reasons. Economic, emotional, spure of the moment, whim, feelings of "love" ... and it is all legal in the USA ... unless you have made a family with a person of the same sex - THEN we have to vote on the sanctity of that marriage. What utter BS.
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

For USA Political Progressives ONLY Empty Richard's new photo

Post  crt Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Richard, just wanted to say I adore the new photo of you and your daughter. The portrait is so well done and you both look so wonderful.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Interesting, and sad. Hypocritical people in position of power doing forbidded things behind closed doors?
This is nothing new but there is no reason to worry about discussing it.

Charlotte, I wondered what would happen if you'd turn this saying the other way round:
"He is not heterosexual, he is homosexual with issues"
and it sruck me as amusing at first, yet it could equally be true. Equally. No difference.
At this point let's remember why this is so.
Since no group of people should be ever discriminated against on the ground of:
their persona/sexual preferences, race, nationality, or social background we must also remember that no one group is superior, to any other.
We are all equal and we are all in some kind of "minority" in this world.

We should never be affraid to express a reasonable point of view here, or elswhere provided it is done with respect because freedom of expression is very precious and must be protected for the sake of everybody: people who are gay or straight, all nationalities and races.
If you listen to someone else's point of view carefully instead of screaming insults, you might also learn something new. Even if you do not like it.

One thing is certain: the only way to gain respect from people, is to give respect to others.
If you want for people to respect your point of view, you must first respect theirs. No exception.

There is no other way to mantain peace and serenity in this world (or on any forum).

Last edited by Senna on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical errors)

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:22 pm

[quote]If you listen to someone else's point of view carefully instead of screaming insults, you might also learn something new. Even if you do not like it.

Senna,

It was not my intent to scream insults at anyone. I took that quote directly from the link that Richard had posted. I put it in quotations because it was not my own comment. I'm not sure where you are coming from. I have a feeling I'm having a migrainity moment and completely missing something. If that's the case, then my apologies.

Last edited by paradox on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:25 pm

oops, double post!

Last edited by paradox on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:26 pm

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-anti-gay-activists-caught-being-gay/joanne#

ummmm... what seem to be the problem Senna?
Charlotte only quoted what Ted Haggard from the number 9 out of the Richard's link have said-
which I, too, think is riotously funny and outrageous to be said Laughing

Indeed, sometimes when people want to get out of the hole they are in they'll make it even bigger...

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 am

Sorry, Charlotte -
My fault, entirely. I did not mean to say that it is you who screams insults. No, you did not say anything insulting, and I apologise for this misunderstanding.
I wast just struck, how an interesting quote that you provided, could sound so different when it is reversed, even if it is expressing very similar thing. The quote was very ineteresting.

What I was trying to say is that we all need to be able to express different point so view, sometimes opposite, without fear of being attacked. MY head was not clear at the time and this lead to misunderstanding - I am so sorry Charlotte.

I thinks if we show more tolerance and at the same time do not try use too much "political" propaganda here, we can all live in peace, and at the same time we can all learn a lot from each other.
I hope that I have cleared it up for you Charlotte, and that you forgive me.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 am

Well, G, I'm sure glad that got all cleared up Smile I was quite confused too, didn't see that Chatolette had really been out of line, especially in quoting someone else!!

I kept re- reading to see if maybe I missed something??

Anyhow... All better now! Back to peaceful, which is good Smile
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 am

Howdy Charlotte .... I read that quote as a generic thought about civil discourse. I read nothing directed at anyone here. I hope you are enjoying a painfree and joyous day. I am glad the misunderstanding is cleared up.

But even this small misunderstanding underscores my intent NOT to post political issues on this forum. It is so easy to get misunderstandings going when we are posting instead of actually talking together. So easy.
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Oh Senna, thanks for posting, I was SO confused. I was upset with myself for offending you. I understand where you were coming from now. No apologies necessary, just a simple misunderstanding.

Some times it's difficult when we can't read inflections and cadence. I have a dear friend of mine who despite our life long friendship, I can not communicate via email with. We tease each other quite a bit, and unfortunately on the Internet we can not hear the affection in each other's voices and feelings get hurt.

I'm feeling like a bit of a dumb bunny now. albino (Or as my dear PaPa used to call us dum-ba bunnies. He never understood why there was a "B" on dum)

And yes, I agree completely with your sentiment. I'm always open to exchange ideas, politcial, religious, anything. However, there are some people I won't do it with. I have one BIL who doesn't want to have a civilized exchange of ideas. He wants to brow beat anyone who disagrees with him. It's a shame too, he's a very intelligent man, but I tune him out because of his manner of getting his point a cross.

When my son was in Jr. High, he and I were polar opposites on our religion and politics. But, he and I would have the most wonderful discussions. I made him back up his theories with individual thought, he wasn't allowed to say "because so-and-so said so". Even today, though his has crossed over from the dark side (meaning he agrees with me:), he still watches talking heads who I can't stomach. When I asked him why he said it was he would know what the other side was thinking. I wish I were that open-minded!

Yes, Richard, I'm having another good day. I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time. Had a stressful day at work, but not because of health issues. Some days it just stinks to be the boss.

Hugs to all of you, Razz

Last edited by paradox on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:57 am

Richard,
what annoys me most is that these guys (liars, hypocritical, ignorant) are those who rule our society.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:47 am

Please, do not feel like a sad little bunny Charlotte, believe me I was not offended - just mortified that I upset you so unwittingly in the first place. I am so happy that now it is all resolved andall misunderdtanding is cleared. You are so right Charlotte - it is often not easy to understand each other, when reading typed words, without the right inflection, or smile in the right place - things can look quite different.
I think it is a good idea to try to clear up any misinderstandings first instead of instatly loosing your temper.

I must say that as a result of this event I feel even more strongly that wel need to remember that people here come from many, many different cultural, national and political backgrounds.
Many people feel strongly about all sorts of issues like religion, or politics, or all sorts of other issues, so promotong constatly one issue above others, be it political, religious or any other, might create problems. You do not have monopoly to be right no one does.
Someone will find what you say upsetting - but they also deserve to be heard. People have a right to have their say without being attacked.

It is quite possible to have a sensible discussion, without loosing your temper. It is what being a grown-up means.
If we give each other a chance peace is not difficult to achieve. Sometimes there is no Right or Wrong, mostly it is just Different (point of view).

It is also true that, that on every forum there are people who are always looking for trouble by trying to force their own point of view, on others. Let's hope this is not going to happen on this new forum here, and that peace will continue.
We all need to work towards it.

I loved you bunny picture Charlotte - so sweeet - you look like a very sweet Easter bunny to me.
Wishing you painless and happy Easter Holiday
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

For USA Political Progressives ONLY Empty viewpoints

Post  crt Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't put bumper stickers on my vehicle because no matter what I express, someone is going to take issue with it. I think it's like painting a target on myself. People are irritated and twitchy enough about traffic without giving them something else to be upset about.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm glad things are resolved Smile

This is why I usually, and quite ungracefully, prefer to use the "one- " instead of "you" in most sentences
because the "you" could be easily mistook as a personal jab. the langauge might suffer but the message, hopefully, does not.
Just to be clear, this is just a general, friendly remark Smile

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum