migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody tried this?

2 posters

Go down

Anybody tried this? Empty Anybody tried this?

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Apparently this works through visualization of the headache.
Anyone ever tried this? It seems hard to believe it would work for a true migraine, but I'm willing to try pretty much anything at this point.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3753648/How-rid-headache-TWO-minutes-Man-shares-bizarre-guide-beating-migraine-racks-millions-views.html

Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Anybody tried this? Empty Re: Anybody tried this?

Post  Mini Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Very interesting. I have not tried this yet, but in a strange way, this makes sense to me.
I recall that several years ago at some stage during my M history I have tried, and worked out a system which in a way is quite similar to the method suggested.

I have developed, by trial and error, a system of self-hypnotherapy which involved imagining my pain, locating it in my head, "measuring" the physical size of it, and then mentally trying "to shrink it" making it smaller and smaller, then visualising "pushing it away" from inside of my scull, then through the skin like an unwanted invader.

The results could be quite good at times, but not every time. To a great degree it was dependent on how hard I was able to concentrate, not allowing myself any distractions. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it took several attempts. Sometimes it did not work no matter how hard I've tried.

But I think, the method suggested is worth trying. At least it cannot do any harm.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum