migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad news for menopause

2 posters

Go down

Bad news for menopause  Empty Bad news for menopause

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:52 pm

"Research conducted by the UC Neuroscience Institute, Montefiore Headache Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Vedanta Research revealed a 60 to 70 percent increase in high-frequency headaches among women both approaching and in menopause who already experienced migraines. Findings were just published online in “Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain,” a publication of the American Headache Society.

According to study lead author Vincent Martin, University of Cincinnati professor of internal medicine and co-director of the Headache and Facial Pain Program at the UC Neuroscience Institute, findings contradict current health beliefs that suggest migraines in women decrease during menopause."
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Bad news for menopause  Empty Re: Bad news for menopause

Post  Mini Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:48 pm

This has been true for me: with menopause the h/a definitely increased in frequency, but the M was not as intense as before, so they were more bearable.

I am not sure if this helps, but in the last few months after several years, I stopped taking HRT and now my h/a are almost gone. I still take daily preventatives (Gabapentin) and an occasional Imitrex, but I hardly ever need it, so I wonder if increased post-menopausal h/a were connected, at least to some degree, to HRT. Just a thought.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down