migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trokendi XR question

4 posters

Go down

Trokendi XR question Empty Trokendi XR question

Post  Otis mom Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:52 am

Hello out there. I had a cerebral hemorrhage in 2012 and now have horrible migraines. I was insanely healthy up until then, vegan, marathon runner and full time job. I have tried numerous medications for migraine prevention and am currently on Trokendi XR 150mg a day. It helps with the prevention but I am having a hard time dealing with the side effects. The worst part is that I feel like a zombie most days and have very low energy. I have tried taking the dose down but the migraines come back with a lower dose. I was wondering if anyone else out there is on Trokendi XR and if they have the same issues. Thanks for reading this. Be well.

Otis mom

Back to top Go down

Trokendi XR question Empty Re: Trokendi XR question

Post  dcook60 Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:46 am

i think more people would respond if they knew that trokendi is aka topomax. this is often dubbed "dopomax" because it can make one dopey/lethargic among other effects.

i'm one that tried it without it doing anything at all, good or bad. dianne (46 year M history)
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Unfortunately a lot of people have trouble with Topomax including mental confusion, difficulty concentrating and in some cases psychotic episodes and hallucinations, so watch out for that. In my case it made me severely nauseous so I discontinued taking it early on.

If it continues to be a problem you might talk to your doctor about trying a different preventative med.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:13 pm

I was told by family members that it changed my personality significantly.  I remember having very strange thoughts on it.  It didn't help my migraines at the dose I was on and the side effects were intolerable.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down