migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I brag a little?

+4
kimsmom
dizzyflower
Mini
30yrsofheadache
8 posters

Go down

Can I brag a little? Empty Can I brag a little?

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:14 am

I am so proud of my daughter Zoe. Despite missing at least a day of school a week in her junior and senior years due to migraines (often several half days, too) she has been accepted to University of VA and William and Mary. I really hope she will choose W&M. It would be a perfect fit for her. She is stubborn, though and really wants to go out of state. So far, Rhodes in TN is still in the running. We still have to hear from Brown in the next day or so. Hope this is readable. We are having kitchen cabintes refaced and my head is not tolerating the glue smell at all!
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Can I brag a little? Empty Re: Can I brag a little?

Post  Mini Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 am

Congratulation, Cindy, this sounds like a great achievement.
Univeristy days are never forgotten, and the safest way to grow up and to learn how to cope with life - something that will serve her well for the rest of her life. Well done.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Can I brag a little? Empty Well done Zoe

Post  dizzyflower Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:12 am

It's aways good to hear of triumphs like this. Good luck.

Best wishes

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:40 pm

How wonderful for your daughter. Just being accepted helps them with their self esteem. I know I would like my daughter close to home. My day is coming here soon. I have a daughter who is a junior and a daughter who is a freshman.

Great news about your daughter. You must be very proud of her and with the extra hump of migraines on top of it.

kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks everyone. Now we just have to decide....
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:33 am

Super happy, exciting and 'to be proud of' news for you and your daughter!

I look forward to getting to have the same dilemma in 8 or so years with my son! :-)
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 am

Awesome news Cindy..yeah ! I love you

love and blessings,
greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Congratulations to you and your daughter! My nephew is a William & Mary alum.

I am not sure how far away you live from campus but being in the state must have financial benefits, right?

lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It sounds like she got into some wonderful schools. UVA is terrific, and a beautiful campus. My dad is a UVA alum.

I went to Rhodes in Tennessee and it was the right place for me. They were very understanding about the migraines. I loved it. If she wants to talk more about Rhodes, feel free to PM me.

One word of advice- She should definitely get a disability qualification wherever she ends up. All she will need is a letter from her neuro and most colleges have a disability coordinator. It will allow her to have some leniancy in attendance and also allow her to make up tests and work or turn in stuff late if she has a bad migraine.

I was in a very similar position my senior year of high school and still got into my first choice college and graduated in four years. Some doctors had told me that this would not be possible. I proved them wrong.

Still, I think it is wonderful that she has so many great choices. All are good schools. She should be really proud of her accomplishments.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:47 am

Such wonderful friends here! Finally decided on William and Mary Very Happy I think she will fit in well there. I hope her head allows her to do what she needs to do and have some fun, too. We do get in state tuition, but it is still pricy since our older daughter is graduating from college this year. We will look into the disability qualification, thanks Sailing.

We are going to visit on accepted students day in mid April. Unfortunatly, that is the time of month my head is sure to be at its worst. I am really praying that I can make it. My husband cant go, but my older daughter and my Mom are going. Sad when your Mom is in better health than you are!
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum