migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topomax or Sandomigran OR What?

4 posters

Go down

Topomax or Sandomigran OR What? Empty Topomax or Sandomigran OR What?

Post  Lynette Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:47 am

Hi,

I have just joined this group, first time on-line group joiner,lol.
Desperately seeking answers, am 50yr old female having endured chronic migraine for 35yrs, now getting worse and daily in frequency. Omg no! Its a living nightmare. Thought i would be over it by this age, menopause & all. I used to blame 'that time of month'.
I am trying to decide weather to start taking the topomax again (100mg daily) or Sandomigran...
They have both given me horrid side effects in the past but hey, its got to be better than getting migraine's every day. Also, I Wake Up With Them! Does anybody else after a good nights sleep???
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
Ta xoxo
Lynette
Lynette

Back to top Go down

Topomax or Sandomigran OR What? Empty Re: Topomax or Sandomigran OR What?

Post  estre004 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 am

Lynette - You sound sort of like me. I didn't start getting mine until peri-menopause though--once monthly. Looked forward to menopause (got worse instead of better--2-3 a week).
I tried Topamax, and it was a nightmare for me also. In order for me to endure those side effects they would have to return a 100% success rate in avoiding migraines. I am lucky that I can abort most of mine before they ruin my day. If I couldn't do that, I would be more willing to try more preventatives. On top of the side effects, when I did get a migraine they were worse than I ever had before. It was like the Topamax just postponed the migraine but saved up all the pain to throw out in one blast. Keep us posted.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Lynette

I had terrible side effects with Topomax and many other drugs I tried. Sticking with it just made the side effects worse. I've had much better luck with supplements. Vitamin D, magnesium, iodide for the thyroid, omega-3, and natural progesterone. If you have not tried this route, you might want to look into it. No bad side effects, and basically not harmful to try. I went from daily headaches to only 1-2 per month. A big improvement for my ability to lead a somewhat normal life.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Lynette,

both drugs did absolutely nothing for my migraines. Sandomigran really annoyed the hell out of me as I gained quite a lot of weight on it. I wanted to strangle the neuro for doing this to me. Suspect

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:55 am

Petzi - I just had to add that that is how I felt about my neuro also when I was given Topamax. I was thinking, "what the heck this drug is bad stuff - what is he thinking?". Obviously, he never tried it.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down