migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, wave files

5 posters

Go down

Help, wave files Empty Help, wave files

Post  Hal Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:44 pm

How do you add a wave file to a post?

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Help, wave files Empty Re: Help, wave files

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:50 pm

You mean like this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:00 pm

LOL, I love it!
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:29 pm

This is from

http://www.cosgan.de/

Just point, copy and paste.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  annabella Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:11 pm

do you mean a .wav file? like a music file?
annabella
annabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm

A .wav file Annabella
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  annabella Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:32 am

find the .wav file on your computer (A waveform audio file, also known as a wave file, or simply .wav after its extension, is a common type of sound file) and highlight it. right click the mouse and click on copy - then go to wherever you want to put it - say onto a post or an email and right click again and click paste - it should insert itself and then others can click onto the symbol and use a program to open it. some .wav files open in windows media, others winamp and so on, each person has their personal preference i have learned. a .wav file takes more space than a mp3 file and mp3 have taken over from them nowadays.

sorry to sound so basic - i am assuming you are a newbie to this and apologise sincerely if you are a computer wiz :-)
annabella
annabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks Annabella,

Maybe not a computer wizz, but I did write software for AT&T for 20 years. It is the user software that is not always self evident.

I missed the fact that you are in Australia. I visited there back in the late '60s and loved it. I spent alot of time across the bay from Adelaide in a little town called Edithburgh. Did alot of spear fishing and managed to get chased out of the water by a shark. I almost ended up being his dinner.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 pm

Would that have been a white-pointer Hal? Do-do Do-do
You are a dare devil aren't you?
What other interesting hobbies have you had in your life?
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:24 pm

I think it was a Bull Shark. I was very lucky to have seen it while it was about fifty feet away. I climbed a nearby reef and just had time to turn and see it go by as I pulled my foot out of the water. It was at least six-feet long.

Other exciting hobbies include wrestling crocs, jumping out of airplanes, big game hunting in Africa, wilderness survival in extreme weather and making love to no less than five healthy women at the same time. Just to name a few.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Hal I know your exaggerating because they only have alligators in your part of the world.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  annabella Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:23 am

I believe hal - they have massive sharks here in Australia and it gives me the heebie geebies every time i go into the water, and i live near the beach !! there are a few of the other type of white pointers at the nudist beach though - but i think they are basically harmless............................. affraid
annabella
annabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:19 am

I think I get the point, Annie Wink and thanks for the PM. We have a beach like that here in Oklahoma. Actually it is an island in the middle of one of our largest lakes on the border with Texas. It was rated number two in the world to visit. These posts go down hill in a hurry Twisted Evil
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:56 pm

"Hal I know your exaggerating because they only have alligators in your part of the world."

Noone ever understands my jokes.

Ok try this one. I'll go for the visual effects.

Errol Flynn voice, rapier in hand:

What Sir?

"making love to no less than five healthy women at the same time" is your boast?

Surely you jest, do you not recall to whom you speak?

We are unhealthy women suffering daily persistant HEADACHE

That Sir, would be a challenge!!
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 pm

I "got" the alligator/croc joke. It was not lost on me. Hal, your entire paragraph was amusing.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Poor Marion, I most certainly got your jest. I was trying to emphasize the point by not mentioning it. I guess my humor is even more dry. Twisted Evil I put healthy in there to make it even more obvious. I must be loosing my edge in my old age. It is really bad to be a guy and have to say, "Not tonight, Dear. I have a headache" and really mean it. Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 pm

AZGirl and the rest,

The truth of the matter is that I have done all except the last in my younger days. As for that shark, I had given serious thought to staying in the water and doing him in, but I wasn't sure if there were any more around and his blood would surely start a feeding frenzy if there were.

I have played hard all of my life. I have enjoyed what I have done and the many places I have been. When I think of it, I have done more in the first half of my life than most do in two lifetimes. I am really thankful for all of it.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Ditto Hal. In some ways I seem to have crammed a lot in and in others I think there's so much to do.

Oddly enough, during the only week I've spent in America, I too went diving. Off Catalina Island. Actually I'll qualify that. I attempted to go diving but was rather hung over. After getting on all the gear and getting in the water I couldn't remember whether to deflate or inflate the bc so decided that it probably wasn't such a good idea and got out.

That trip was also memorial for being rather ill in a palm pot on Rodeo Drive. For some strange reason the restuarant wouldn't let me back in after I did this, so first night in America I had to find my own way back to the hotel.

There was this lovely young couple, I think from Texas, who I attached myself too and asked if they would mind me walking with them.
I'm sure there view of Australians will be forever twisted.

Unfortunately this trip was pre-digital so I will try to put up photos of my crew in a similar state after Christmas lunch at the Hanoi Hilton strolling back to our hotel (not quite the same standard as the Hilton). This was Christmas 08. The girl with the red back pack and the one in the green shirt are a couple we met at lunch. They were travelling back from England to NZ. We were sharing the same $15 all you can drink wine buffet. We are definitely a bad influence on poeple. The boy and girl next to the lady in the red pack are my two terrors.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum