migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just checking mri results

2 posters

Go down

just checking mri results Empty just checking mri results

Post  marion Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 pm

I just picked up the hard copy of an mri from several months ago and read the results for myself for the first time.

Would just like to confirm that:

"Whole brain imaging demonstrates an isolated focus of increased white matter signal intensity in the left frontal lobe posteriorly"

is just a common thing from the migraines, right?

Thanks. My day WILL get better.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

just checking mri results Empty Re: just checking mri results

Post  kathy Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Sorry no one has responded to your post. I'm surprised because we have talked a lot about this here. Look in the archive and you'll probably find more posts.

White spots on an MRI are common in migraine patients. They are mini strokes from the migraines. I have had increases over the years and freaked them out at the ER once when a 12mm one showed up. You can hold the film up, CT, and see right through the film. My hubby showed the CT to his mom once because she thought I was faking and she sid she couldn't se the hole??? Are you kidding me. It is a black film with a huge clear hole. You could see the sun. Bill just walked away.

I had a neuro once who also had migraines and when I was discussing them, I had about 12, he said "My MRI probably looks worse." I thought OK didn't know we were competing.

Just make sure if you have any symptoms or possible signs of MS ask your doc because I've seen my MRI and some with plaque on MS patients and they don't look a lot different sometimes. I fact mine looks a little worse than Montel Williams. But they also have other dx tools to go by.
kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Thanks Kathy,
These things are a worry aren't they.
I don't know how big this would be - little pictures compared to my big head.
Big enough that I can guess the migraine it came from.
Twas a doozey and they weren't sure at the time whether it was stroke or not.
So the little grey matter, she get smaller. Messr. Periot accent.

marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down