migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My daughters are at Green Day at Wembley Stadium without me and my migraine.

3 posters

Go down

My daughters are at Green Day at Wembley Stadium without me and my migraine. Empty My daughters are at Green Day at Wembley Stadium without me and my migraine.

Post  pen Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:49 pm

I would have liked to have gone, but my concert days are over.
I just got a text saying they met with their friend.
He works on the lighting crew, and last time they sat with Ritchie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi.

Tonight he got them in to front of house, they are very happy.
I am happy they went without me because he can only take two people in.
So for once migraine helped something.
I hope they have a great time.
"Give me Novocaine".

cheers

Last edited by pen on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

My daughters are at Green Day at Wembley Stadium without me and my migraine. Empty Re: My daughters are at Green Day at Wembley Stadium without me and my migraine.

Post  Brent Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:38 am

They're very lucky to get to go. I like Greenday but didn't have a snowball's chance of getting tickets when they came to Seattle.

A local 16 y/o kid was able to get pulled on stage and completely nailed "Jesus of Suburbia" on lead guitar. And he had no monitor so he could not hear himself play, all he heard was echos on stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bi0Up1yOXY
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

My daughters are at Green Day at Wembley Stadium without me and my migraine. Empty Re: My daughters are at Green Day at Wembley Stadium without me and my migraine.

Post  WitsEnd Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:11 am

WOW! Lucky them! I never realised they were on tour!

I love going to gigs. I've been to heaps in the last few years and the good thing is, they don't seem to have an effect on my head cheers

I just close my eyes when the lights get a bit too much!

I hope they have a good time, you'll need to let us know how they rate them Very Happy
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 am

They were fantastic I am told.
The girls were taken to Front of House by their friend again. They really appreciated it too.
My elder daughter said she is too old for Stadium gigs (she is 34).
Wembley Stadium is a bit intimidating when it is full. It holds about 90,000 people,
15,000 on the floor. It takes about 30 minutes to get out if you are standing.

From the lighting/sound tent they got a better view and were protected from the crush.
My younger girl is a BIG fan, but even she said it would have been scary down there.
This guy is so sweet, he picked them out last year and took the into the rig, and they have kept in touch since.
He is from California. They were so thrilled last time to sit with Jon Bon and Ritchie.
They werent there this time, but they do have one of Tre's drumsticks.

So apparently the last gig her is Glasgow tomorrow night, and Ireland next week.
Then wherever, and that's it for 5 or 6 years, they are taking a break.

Those of you that are my FB friend I am sure my girls will post photos.

Pen cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down