migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy.

+4
sherri b
tdu
HeelerLady
pen
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are you trying Butterbur.

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 26

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy.

Post  crt Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Migraine doesn't always win. True I'm not cured of migraine. It's still with me. However, I have been taking Maxalt for 12 years. It's just as effective as it was the first, surprising time I took it. And if I'm diligent about taking tabasco sauce, it works pretty effectively as a preventative.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Butterbur. Keeping track of efficacy.

Post  tdu Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:14 am

I just thought I'd expand on my previous post, and clarify some of my results.

As mentioned, I have been on it for a good 8 months now. During that time I have had a few bad bouts of migraines. There are 3 times in particular I can think of where I was taking meds every day. Two 1 week Periods, and one 2 week period. But, I have still not missed a day of work for a migraine during the time I have been on it. I would normally miss at least a day every 2 weeks (at best).

So in general, I still get bouts. But general frequency has decreased, and my other medications seems to be much more effective. I can't think of any time previous where I could take a med when I wake up the morning and actually have it work and make it to work. Usually unless I woke up at least 4 hours before I had to leave for work with the migraine, got the meds in me, and napped for a bit, there was no way I was making into work. Now I can actually do that when the situation occurs.

So for me personally, I have to judge that as some kind of success. Anything that shows me SOME kind of improvement is beneficial. I am able to get through a lot of situations I wasn't able to before. So I am personally going to continue on it unless something drastic happens that convinces me not to.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 am

Tdu,

You make a good point that I hadn't considered: I haven't missed a single day of work since starting the Petadolex. My meds are far more effective now as well.

And also, on the days that I don't have a migraine I don't have any sort of ghost migraine/mild headache. In fact, I feel normal and energetic on those days.

So in rethinking this, I do have to consider myself to have had success with Petadolex as well. I certainly am not going to stop taking it every day - just have to accept the fact that I'm still going to deal with my migraines. Now that the terrible heat spell has broken (at least for this week anyway) my head is feeling much better. I think in the dead heat and humidity of summer I'm always going to have a bad bout with my head.

-J
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:58 pm

You have a good point jwar, I need to get back on it again. This is how I am I guess, I just give up to fast and throw in the towel. I get so discouraged. And my husband kept saying "see, it''s not working, it's a waste of money" I need to ignore him on this one.

I'll be ordering more on payday.....
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2