migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My son joined the army reserves

4 posters

Go down

My son joined the army reserves Empty My son joined the army reserves

Post  Shiela Stewart Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:07 pm

In the middle of November my middle son was sworn into the Army. Below is a picture of him being sworn into the Canadian Armed Forces Reserves as a Combat Engineer. This is the first time a new regiment has been formed in the province I live in 40 years and is the first Combat Engineer regiment ever.

His duties will include building bridges, blowing up bridges, preparing the battlefield for infantry to go in and then clean up after they have left. To get full training takes at least three years. It also includes everything from training of heavy equipment, explosives, combat entry into buildings, laying booby traps, removing booby traps, rebuilding communities, rebuilding roads. Everything that an engineer does in a combat setting.

I am both proud and scared to death. This is my accident prone son and he'll be dealing with explosives. Yikes!! LOL

Below this picture is him in his combat gear. He's following in his father's footsteps. My husband was in the Reserves for a few year when I met him. He was 17, just like my son is now, when he joined.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Shiela Stewart
Shiela Stewart

http://www.shielasbooks.ca

Back to top Go down

My son joined the army reserves Empty Re: My son joined the army reserves

Post  Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Well done lad.

You should be proud Sheila!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:41 am

As a mother I understand how you must be so tremendously proud of your son to make such a noble committment, and worried to death because your son made such a noble committment.

I'm in awe of soldiers and their parents everywhere.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

My son joined the army reserves Empty army

Post  MM Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:24 am

Oh, Shiela! I understand your mixed feelings. Wishing you and yours the best~
MM
MM
MM

Back to top Go down

My son joined the army reserves Empty My son

Post  Shiela Stewart Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks Marc, I really am proud of him. Smile

Porsche Fan wrote:Well done lad.

You should be proud Sheila!
Shiela Stewart
Shiela Stewart

Back to top Go down

My son joined the army reserves Empty My son

Post  Shiela Stewart Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:21 pm

You hit the nail right on the head, Charolotte.

paradox wrote:As a mother I understand how you must be so tremendously proud of your son to make such a noble committment, and worried to death because your son made such a noble committment.

I'm in awe of soldiers and their parents everywhere.

Charlotte
Shiela Stewart
Shiela Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiela Stewart Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks so much, MM.

MM wrote:Oh, Shiela! I understand your mixed feelings. Wishing you and yours the best~
MM
Shiela Stewart
Shiela Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:05 am

Hi Sheila

How proud you must feel.....and concerned..... Oigh! What's a mother to do. Raise them right, but stay away from danger.

My oldest is anxious to finally try out for RCMP in April when the new driver restriction is off of his licence, and my younger son is all into Air Cadets. Can't they just be good carpenters and build homes for the needy nearby??!! But we have to support them and send out prayers.

All the best to you and your family this Christmas.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiela Stewart Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Angela!

Oh isn't that the truth. My son originally wanted to be a fireman but then three years ago he decided he wants to be a chef. I was thrilled with that plan. A lot safer but then he tells us he wants to join the Army Reserve. They'll help him get his edcuation in the Culinary arts and I'm like....but it's the army. I am so damn proud of him but I'm a mom. I worry.

My son started out in the Air Cadets but he left after a year. It wasn't his cup of tea at the time.

Where in Canada are you at? I'm in Saskatchewan. I think it's great that your son wants to be in the RCMP. But I also know how much you'll worry. Maybe we can worry together. Smile

Almostangela wrote:Hi Sheila

How proud you must feel.....and concerned..... Oigh! What's a mother to do. Raise them right, but stay away from danger.

My oldest is anxious to finally try out for RCMP in April when the new driver restriction is off of his licence, and my younger son is all into Air Cadets. Can't they just be good carpenters and build homes for the needy nearby??!! But we have to support them and send out prayers.

All the best to you and your family this Christmas.

Angela
Shiela Stewart
Shiela Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum