migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Just a Migraine It So Happins

4 posters

Go down

Not Just a Migraine It So Happins Empty Not Just a Migraine It So Happins

Post  shurluk Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:46 am

Hello all it has been little while since I checked in last I think I have been reading other post now and then but not often ill admit. I have something worth sharing now is the reason for this post. My condition and migraines have been similar to other as far as being weather induced and such. My condition has varied a lot though from most if you recall. If you don’t know about my past post you need to read a few from the past to get a understanding maybe.

As I had mention I also started getting Peripheral Neuropathy symptoms along with my migraines a few months back. I was at that time self diagnosing my symptoms. A little over two months ago I did have a EMG test. My nerves are greatly damaged throughout my body as it turns out. I am at times now in pain from my head and my legs at the same time. When I am mostly without pain (always have some) I am very weak and tire easily.
The county doctor is very concerned and has put in a referral for me to be seen by a neurologist. Sometime in January I should get a appointment.

It is my and my doctor believes that both the migraines and the neuropathy are tied to the same cause. I first started having small muscle spasm in my legs about ten years ago. The twitching now is constant and varies by degree only. It looks to me that I may have some kind of inherited disease. I was not in touch with my father very much growing up and just when I was starting to establish a relationship, 1988, he died of a sudden heart attack at age 63.

Three months before he died he mentioned he was having nerve problems in his legs. He also had what he thought was “sinus headaches” when in his earlier years. They went so far as to “drill out” his sinus back when he was in the Navy and about age 25. I also started having what I thought was “sinus” trouble at the age of 25. I now know it was and is Migraines triggered by weather changes ever so slight.

In closing I just want to point out that having Migraines and be sometimes a symptom or a much greater problem. The problem is we are all to often thrown into the all to common “Migraine Grouping” without being given the needed tests. I mentioned to my then “paid doctors” my muscle twitching and it was ignored.

The very much underpaid county doctor I am seeing now has done more to help me then all the over paid doctors I saw the past 10 years combined. It is he who gave me “Midrin” to use three times a day thus cutting my Vicodin (I take one 5/500 at a time) use down to 2 times a day from around 4 times a day earlier.

My condition seems to be progressing rapidly now and I am concerned about my future. I am the age my father died now. One thing I have going for me is my overall health. Other then the mention problems I have no other health issues. I was very active until about 3 years ago until my migraines became so frequent. I have never smoked or drank excessively. My father did both as was common in his generation. I sleep a lot which is comes from being weak and trying to maintain some activity. I am 62 years old but have a 41 year old wife and two daughter age 6 and 8. They need me to be the best father and husband that I can be. When I know more about my condition I promise I will inform you guys.

God Bless Us One and All

shurluk

Back to top Go down

Not Just a Migraine It So Happins Empty Re: Not Just a Migraine It So Happins

Post  tecky Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:12 am

Shurluck,

What a blessing that you were seen by the "county doctor". Sounds like he may put things on the right track for a definite diagnosis and, hopefully, treatment.

Glad to see you back again.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:58 am

Sorry to hear Shurluk, but glad you are being checked out. We share quite a lot of migraine symptoms so I'm interested to hear what the outcome is and if a cause is identified. I know you mentioned B12 a while ago and I had thought about that being a problem for me too, but a test a few years ago was mid-range and I got retested a few weeks ago and the level has actually gone up (in addition to the fact that I'm pregnant and blood volume increases so the result would have been expected to be a bit lower due to the dilutional effect).

I've just posted on another thread but I've had great success with omega-3 supplements reducing my aura symptoms, including the numbness, tingling etc. I tried them once before but don't think I gave them long enough (just 3 months the first time), as the effect has increased with time.

Hope your new neuro is helpful

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  shurluk Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:15 am

thank you..I will see the doctor 12/23 and will find out the test results then. I will post it using this thread

shurluk

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:29 am

Thinking of you and hoping the best for you. Please do keep us updated.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down