migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament

3 posters

Go down

How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament Empty How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament

Post  Chinookgrl Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:40 am

As I am getting the kids packed , the hockey gear accounted for, phoning to confirm reservations, I am getting that little tingle in the back of my head. UGH!!!
Keep for fingers crossed for me that 4 games, team bowling party, team dinner, and staying at a busy hotel doesn't rev up the migraine monster. My son is so excited he is bouncing off the walls!!! And all I can think is UGH!!! I wish I didn't have to feel like that but sometimes these things seems so daunting with a migraine cloud looming.

Onto the positive you should see him skate!! 6 years old and he skates circles around me. Oh and he has so much fun, loves to score a goal or make a great pass. I guess this is what makes it worth it.

So how to survive a 3 day tournament?? Keep my fingers crossed my head behaves and grin and bear it if it doesn't.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament Empty Re: How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament

Post  HeelerLady Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:04 am

Hi Jo,

I know what you mean. I do a dog sport and it involves 2-3 days of tournaments. Lots of noise (barking dogs in warehouse like environments) and eating out of order and all sorts of stressors. Part of me will just grin and bear it (I can have just an awful M) as I want to do this. Be smart about it - you said you think you've got one on-coming. Abort it now if you can - don't wait as it will only get worse (been there). Also, pack some ear-plugs and sunglasses or a hat. The hat would probably be less conspicuous - just to block out some of the overhead lights. Ear plugs are your best friends. You can still hear through them but it is vastly muffled or only wear one (I've found if noise is bothering me but I really do need to hear, I will plug the ear that is closest to all the noise).

Also make sure you eat sort of decent - try to stick to meal times and drink plenty of water. I will say you may not be able to keep the M monster under control this weekend. But be prepared to have all the nasty rebounds of it Monday - if I've been out playing on a weekend and I've had a higher level M that I just dealt with Monday is my recovery day and I may feel like dog poo.

Hope the tourney goes well and you are able to enjoy it. Smile

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament Empty Re: How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament

Post  estre004 Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:07 am

I wish you the best for a migraine-free tournament! I have 5 kids and didn't have hockey, but had swim meets, basketball tounaments and volleyball tournaments that lasted all weekend, not to mention dance recitals, practices, piano lessons, school plays etc. etc. etc. I didn't have migraines at that time. I really sympathize with those of you that are suffering with kids to take care of.

estre004

Back to top Go down

How to survive a 3 day hockey tournament Empty how to survive a 3 day hockey tournament

Post  Chinookgrl Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks for posting back ladies. I was feeling sorry for myself this morning and a little ticked off that I seemed to be getting a migraine. I will try to keep my routine as close to normal as possible. The hat for the arena is a good idea to, those lights are horrible, almost as bad as a swimming pool.

Wish me luck!!

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down