migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Survived!

4 posters

Go down

I Survived! Empty I Survived!

Post  MaryAnneLive Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:36 pm

As the day is winding down and my husband is here to help. I made it, is survived. It was one of those days where the kid woke me at 5:30 crying and never made it back to sleep (I think it was a nightmare poor girl). I hurt like someone had beaten me in the night with a cast iron frying pan. (Perhaps because this blizzard was on its way.).

I like knowing I made it. I like knowing my daughter is happy. I can't wait to go to bed!

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

I Survived! Empty I Survived!

Post  Cindy*W Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Mary Anne,

I know how you feel.

thank goodness that my M's were not severe when my kids were small.

I really don't know how I would have handled it.

There are many days that my Zoe has to go to daycare because I feel I just can't give her the attention she needs.

There are also times when I get one when she is already here and I just have to make it thru the day til hubby gets home to take over.

It isn't easy at times.

Sorry you have to deal with this but I'll bet you do a good job.

Take care,

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

I Survived! Empty Re: I Survived!

Post  LG Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Aww Mary Anne, I'm so happy your doing okay and your little one went to bed. I know that relief. It is almost like even though you have a pounding head you are still so happy that everything is fine once again that it almost alleviates some of the pain. I'm glad you survived the day, get some rest. I hope little darling doesn't have any more nightmares, for her sake and yours!

If she does go through this phase, my mom used to make miracle nightmare spray. She took a little magic spray bottle into the kitchen, added water, sugar, salt and misc. non-staining ingredients to the potion and sprayed it around the room every night to rid me of the monsters and bad scenes. She taught me how to use it and left it in my room so if I woke up with a terror I could spray them away. She also hung a dreamcatcher above my bed. It cut the nightmares down so dramatically I swear everyone in my household became happier almost overnight! Very Happy
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm

What a sweet and terrific idea with the spray! must pass it on!
For a business savvy, here's another great moneymaker - A Nightmare Away!Smile

Mary Ann - I remember those long days- it feels just lovely to finally be in bed, isn't it?

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:07 am

I love that spray idea!

Will have to share that one with hubby.

The last couple of times Zoe has spent the night here, she went into her room and said that "Chuckie" was under the bed and she wanted hubby to scare him away.

Now I have no idea where she got this, but I think she would really like the spray idea.

Hubby and I were just talking about this "Chuckie" situation tonight and I told him that I am just waiting for her other Grandma to ask me where I think it came from.

First thing that came to my mind when I heard it was that scary movie with that bizarre Chuckie doll that kills people!

Hopefully she hasn't seen something about that somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for sharing about the spray.

I will let you know how it goes.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:10 am

I love the spray and the dream catcher. I had both as a child as well. They really did help. I love that you can empower your children to take care of themselves. I think that it will serve them well in life!

Today is not great, but not as bad so far. Whew! Maybe I will even make it outside to play in the snow with my daughter.

Thanks for all of your support and advice. I swear I would NEVER make it through all of this without you all.

love,

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 am

Oh and Cindy, I saw a Chuckie movie when I was like 12. I am still scared of that darn doll, even after two decades! CREEPY!

M
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:19 am

Aww, CUTE!! My magic potion will be used worldwide now!! Awesome! Very Happy Use it! Let me know how it goes, I hope it chases chucky and all the other terrors away! I still remember some of my childhood nightmares, I am so glad I can help.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum