migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overheating

5 posters

Go down

Overheating Empty Overheating

Post  Peter_sky Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:14 am

Hi.

Do others get this. If I fall a sleep and get too hot it can cause a real bad headache, not sure if it is a M as such, but if for instance I decide to take a nap and jump into bed fully clothed I can wake with a throbbing head, the good news if once I cool myself down, the head ache will go away, or at least get a lot better. Does anyone get this and know why this happens, my own thoughts are that the veins dilate if I get too hot and the blood flow to the brain is changed, but I maybe wrong.

Thanks,

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Overheating Empty Re: Overheating

Post  Anna's Mom Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:32 am

My daughter's symptoms (including pain) increase if she gets overheated. Her doctors say it is from dysautonomia:

http://www.ndrf.org/

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:34 am

Hi Peter

Yes I get this too and will feel sick with the headache but I've never thought too much about why but you're may be right about the veins. Knowing it will probably happen, I try not to have too many covers/clothes on but this is difficult because I'm usually cold before I go to sleep.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:03 am

hi Peter have never got into bed with clothes on, lol, but i do get a migraine if i get overheated, such as at work, i work in a hospital and i dread the summer, hospitals here in uk dont as a general rule have air con and windows only open a small amount so it gets unbearably hot and stuffy, this will trigger a migraine as quick as a flash, it does it everytime, i spend all my time opening windows as i go from bay to bay and then some skinny nurse who isnt as busy as i am, (its all about paperwork for trained nurses these days) will go behind me shutting them it is so annoying, as most patients love a bit of fresh air,
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Peter

There are three things that individually may, or may not, bring on a migraine for me. But, when all three occur together, I will most definately get a migraine attack. These are: dehydration, bright sunny sunshine, and overheating.

By the time ambient temperatures reach 80 F, I am well on the way to becoming sick from overheating.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum