i got my cpap machine for sleep apnea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i got my cpap machine for sleep apnea

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:41 pm

today. it's made by Siemens and of surprising quality and is very quiet. i'm lucky i didn't have to get the darth vader mask.

i got a 1.5 hour nap in this afternoon, and it may have gotten me into a deeper sleep as a i had a ton of goofy dreams.

it's not horribly uncomfortable to wear. i think it's something that i'll have to get used to. i'll wear it tonight and see how it does.

if it can bring up my o2 sats at night, that's worth it alone. i'm interested to see if it helps with the brainaches.

Back to top Go down

Re: i got my cpap machine for sleep apnea

Post  Paradox on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Keep us filled in!

Charlotte
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:27 pm

I hope it helps your headaches, Marc. Mine didn't really help them much, but I feel much better overall. I don't feel like I'm dragging myself through every day anymore. Without the CPAP, my sleeping oxygen level is 59%.... with the CPAP it's 97%. No wonder I feel better. LOL

Let us know. It does take a couple of weeks to get used to wearing the headgear. I had to get a chin strap because my mouth kept falling open and making me lose pressure. Keep that in mind if it happens to you.
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:01 pm

first night was not that pleasant. did get about 4 hours logged on the machine. woke up at 5 and took it off, and went back to sleep.

it's going to take some time to get used to. it has a humidifier that'll play with my sinuses. actually woke up with more brain pain than usual.

gotta get some more time in before i can make a verdict, but this thing just ain't that comfortable.

Back to top Go down

CPAP

Post  cla11 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Marc,
I do not post much but a little advice from a respiratory therapist that sets many cpap machines up, and also a user. It has helped my migraines. No not a cure!!! still get them but less in frequency. If possible because I know you have some other health issues ask your Dr. for a steroid nasal spray it can help with the sinus issues. I used it for about a month and it really helped. It does take a little getting use to but if you wear it each night and try to increase the amount of time using it you will feel better in the long run. If not the head at least alertness during the day.

Carrie
cla11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 pm

thanks carrie, i appreciate your advice!

it's going to take some time to get used to it. i sleep on my side, and the mask just diggs into my face on the pillow. i might have to look at other masks and see if it helps.

i had an ENT use Affrin (i think) to do an exam. it worked well, and i could breathe much better--but i can't take it as it's a vasoconstrictor (bad for artery spasm). i can use Nasonex, which sometimes helps.

the cpap beats up my sinuses and i had a sore throat. i think my sinuses are dripping at night (weather of course) plus cpap. i turned off the humidfier--maybe i need to bump it back to 1 or 2 and see how it works.

take care.

Back to top Go down

cpap

Post  cla11 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Marc,
I also sleep on my side and the mask I use is the optlife by respironics. It is the nasal pillows and this is a very non confining mask as long as you don't breath with your mouth open. I did try 4 or 5 different masks before I found this one, of course being in the business makes it a little easier for me, I get lots of sample masks so I try them all.
Try to use the humidifier on 2 its not too hot and not too cold.
You may get some condensation in the mask or tubing if you sleep in a cold room. I like my room cool so I get lots of condensation. I found what is called a tube wrap that keeps the tubing warm and less condensation.
If you have any questions just ask been doing this for over 20 years. Smile
Carrie
cla11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top