migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re: pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey....

+14
Anna
sherri b
Paradox
theresae
Johnfd
tecky
02R96
pen
AuntieBubbs
alli
sailingmuffin
LG
HeelerLady
Dawn
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

re:  pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey.... - Page 2 Empty re: mattress

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:06 pm

What is this mattress you're talking about? I'm intrigued.

Back to top Go down

re:  pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey.... - Page 2 Empty mattress

Post  dailyha-rose Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:21 pm

hello, gailgigi!
the mattress is called the sleep number bed by ?select comfort? i think thats who makes it. my friend worked in sales for them a few years back. i tried it out and loved it. could not get my husband to even think about it. he has "mall aversion syndrome".
luckily for me, i offered him dinner out after the mall. the most important part however was his pre-shopping drinks. it was so simple. wish i had thought of that plan a few yrs. ago. it is a mattress with two separate air chambers. you use remotes to set your side to whatever soft or hard mattress you like. i really think i am sleeping deeper. hardly any nighttime wake ups.
big difference for me. you really don't feel it when the other person turns or gets up during the night. more chances to sleep better as a M. sufferer. bounce
rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

re:  pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey.... - Page 2 Empty Re: re: pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey....

Post  HeelerLady Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Rose and Gail,

Sleep number beds are the best I've ever slept on. My ex-fiance and I bought one when we bought our house and it was so wonderful to adjust the firmness to your liking. I almost always got pressure points from regular mattresses and I never get them with this. When we split up, he kept the bed. I spent 5 months on a regular bed and it was torture. I broke down and bought one. They are on the expensive side but well worth every penny (and very easy to move). I have both sides set to the same level and I get one side and the dogs sleep on the other. Smile

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

re:  pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey.... - Page 2 Empty Re: re: pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey....

Post  tortoisegirl Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 pm

I have had a 24/7 headache for over four years now. Over a year ago I found out my headache is due to New Daily Persistent Headache, not Chronic Daily Headache with Migraine as originally thought. This was helpful in having my doctors give up on me, lol. I stopped trying all the migraine preventatives (although I truly had tried a very wide range of them), and got put on long acting narcotics. I have had the same pain level since it started in college but I have learned to cope much better and now I'm on long acting narcotics and muscle relaxers so the pain is under the best control it has ever been (about 50% reduction). Muscle relaxers have been helpful for me for the last 3 years. Same med and dose the whole time, plus I sleep much better too. Amazingly I am fully functional with some adaptions. Life sure wears me out though. The pain used to be more debilitating but with the reduction, the limits I put on myself, etc, I don't describe it as debilitating too often anymore, although it can vary a lot day to day. Ever since this mess started I've been thinking something else is going on like fibro, so I'm exploring that. Also exploring the lyme option. I've seen dozens of doctors and been on dozens of meds with nothing helping except narcotics. I also get symptoms like nausea (rather random plus increased motion sickness), stomach issues, trouble sleeping, low immune system (always getting colds and they last for a month), etc.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

re:  pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey.... - Page 2 Empty 24/7/365 Migraine

Post  TheBookworm411 Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm also a 24/7/365 migraine sufferer. It is head pain in left, right or both temples and sometimes over the top. They started many years ago, I'm 43 yo, as occasional 72 hour migraines. Imitrex helped back then. They were always 3 days no matter what. Then in August of 2006 I started with a bad solid 2 month migraine. Then I had one off and on mostly on. Since October 16, 2008 I've had no break from my migraine. Every once in a while the pain will go down to a 2 but those times are very rare. I don't have anything else, just the migraine. My Neuro calls it sometimes daily chronic headache or intractable migraine.

-Debi
TheBookworm411
TheBookworm411

Back to top Go down

re:  pain, 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, always..survey.... - Page 2 Empty headache....24/7/365

Post  dailyha-rose Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:06 am

hi,
mind if i ask, what is new daily persistent headache? did a quick look on headachedrugs.com to see if there was an article there. i have had a couple of names given to my migraines/headaches over the yrs. but do not remember that name. is there a link i could go to? just gathering info. for myself. trying to keep educated.
thanks!
rose

dailyha-rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2