migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine pain in my back teeth?

+2
Mule Kick
dizzyflower
6 posters

Go down

Migraine pain in my back teeth? Empty Migraine pain in my back teeth?

Post  dizzyflower Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 am

I have just been to an emergency dentist appointment convinced that I needed a new filling or that it had fallen out and have been taking pain killers to deal with it till I got there. The dentist was absolutely lovely and even exrayed my tooth to see a perfectly strong and healthy tooth. She suggested I might be starting up a sinus infection and offered antibiotics, but as I keep getting this pain and then it goes away and have had cameras up my nose to look for infection and have been told on countless times it isn't sinus, could it be migraine? There is literally nothing there to cause it otherwise.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Migraine pain in my back teeth? Empty Re: Migraine pain in my back teeth?

Post  Mule Kick Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:54 am

It might be oral Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Check out the links in my post in Lillian's thread about the dental appointment and pain. At least it is a possibility to investigate.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:18 am

Di I get this all the time. My dentist just tells me my sinus almost touches the nerves and showed me this on Xray.
He said if its tooth ache the pain killers should help. So far it has never been my teeth. I live in dread of the dentist since a botched root canal and subsequent wisdom tooth extraction.
He offers me anti bios but I usually take echinacea. This seems to do the trick and I cant deal with anti bios with the IBS.
Phantom tooth ache is common with miggies and the sinus thing is an extra problem.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 pm

The trigeminal nerve enervates the teeth in addition to the face and scalp. Since it gets majorly irritated during a migraine attack, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that your teeth would hurt.

Before I was dx'd with Trigeminal Neuralgia, I had a root canal done a a good tooth twice!! because we thought the tooth was the problem, but it was really the nerve. I still get pain in the tooth on occasion even though the roots are completely gone. In fact today I have a mild ache all along my upper and lower jaw on the left side and a bit of pain in the jaw joint extending up to the ear on the right side.

The Trigeminal Nerve is the main sensory nerve for the face which is why facial pain is common among migrainers.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Migraine pain in my back teeth? Empty phantom tooth pain

Post  dizzyflower Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:06 am

It makes you realise how important it is to go to the dentist regularly. How on earth we can spot a real tooth problem that needs a dentist through this is beyond me.

I have since found dispersible aspirin takes the edge off it, althoough it is still there. They offered me antibiotics, but I think it is dangerous to keep taking them when I possibly don't need them and might develop immunity.

regards

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelsonn Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:46 am

Hi all - I'm 25 years old, and , I've had trouble with my teeth, even though I take good care of them. Bleeding gums, cavities, and even lost a tooth. One of my co-workers, who's also a survivor, mentioned yesterday that she had dental problems she advised me for a good dentist now i contacted from Mechanicsburg PA Dentists Here anyone in problem?
Mechanicsburg PA Dentists

Nelsonn

Back to top Go down

Post  wwwproperties Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:45 am

Hi,

It sounds like you have what is known as "referred pain" IE, something else in your body is causing the pain but for whatever reason the pain is showing up in your teeth. So, yes it is possible it could be migraine pain but referred pain often involves chest pain showing up in teeth. See your doctor (not dentist)

What is mortgage refinancing and how do I refinance home loan?

Mortgage refinancing is the process where you actually replace your existing mortgage with a new loan. You repay off your old mortgage loan (with the new one) and replace it with a newRefinance Home Loan. You will go through a similar loan application process as you did for your original mortgage loan.

wwwproperties

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down