migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away.

+2
estre004
pen
6 posters

Go down

What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away. Empty What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away.

Post  pen Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 am

If you have them most of the time but then just get a day off, as I have so far today,...
Why?? How??

I wish I knew why this occurs but I havent a clue.
Its great to get a better day, but frustrating not to know how it occurs and therefore how I may have more better days.
With no known triggers it should perhaps be a clue to any I havent discovered, but none of us can come up with anything.

Anyone else?............

Last edited by pen on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away. Empty Re: What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away.

Post  estre004 Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:02 pm

That is why the whole trigger thing is baffling to me. I get exactly 2-3 migraines a week, never 2 days in a row. I pretty much live the same everyday. Hormones are my only clue. It was a lot easier when I just got them once a month. So much for the golden years. The hormone thing must keep on going.

estre004

Back to top Go down

What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away. Empty Re: What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away.

Post  Jewishmother Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:33 pm

I know exactly how you feel............it is great to have a day where you feel almost normal but then I find myself looking over my shoulder waiting for the other shoe to fall. I am not very good at taking this one hour at a time much less one day at a time - wish there was some crystal ball I could look in every morning and know for sure if it will be a migraine-free day or not!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:18 pm

My day was going well for me. An hour ago my daughter had a hot water bottle for cramps and it leaked all over her thigh.
She has a nasty burn which blistered instantly. I think it will be ok and she can go to the dr in the morning...closed now.
But it didnt do my head a whole load of good.

Since I made the posting earlier, I have been talking to my family and they agreed, like Linda said no rhyme or reason why better today and likely worse tomorrow.

Where are the triggers??? Its like living with a volcano....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm

If I wake up and I don't hurt, I take that as a gift and try to enjoy it. Since those days are so few and far between, I love it when they happen.

Ran out of Neurontin and the facial pain is roaring. Now I know it really is doing something! I went to help my daughter bring in groceries and as soon as the cold air hit my face, my eyes felt like a thousand needles stabbing them. That was it for the rest of the day. I had to go lay down with my eyes shut and wait out the pain. Could only listen to the Olympics.

I feel like I have a burn all across the top of my head spreading from one ear to the other. My glasses set that one off and my headset. Oh the joy of working with this. I just hope it doesn't trigger a migraine attack if it doesn't ease up. One more week till I see the doctor.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this. It does seem none of us have managed to figure this out.
Unless you really know your triggers and can avoid them, and even then there are the random ones...

I always feel on borrowed time if I get more than a little break. I try not to. I try to just enjoy the normality.
But it is hard knowing that the bubble will soon burst.

Alli, I hope the pain held off.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 am

Good question!
I've often wonder if the difference is when migraine arrives or when it goes away...
I wish I could answer, but I'm in the dark.
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:54 am

It is baffling isnt it Ivy? Yesterday I did everything wrong. My daughter had an accident, got scalded by a hot water bottle that burst. Was horrible and as I was trying to cook dinner for once, pretty stressful.

Had to go out in the car (didnt drive). Took a long and confronting phone call. (my head doesnt like the phone)
Then in the evening my other daughter was using hair dye which smelled really strong.
Finally I pulled my neck and had to sit with it awkward. My neck is a big problem with me....
Celebrated with some chocolate because I thought I knew what was coming anyway....

Now I have no obvious triggers, but it was a horrible day, and my neck can always do it, as can smells sometimes...

This morning having even warned the family I was anticipating.....
It didnt come. I just have my normal "pain".
Nlow it may come later, who knows....but I am amazed and baffled...

Even the weather, the snow is still here, but not falling...
Then again it snowed yesterday and no migraine....
So why didnt it come...I am glad of course, but what did I do right,or not do wrong....

Big bucks for the one that can suss that I think.... cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

What do you think is happening, when the M pain goes away. Empty who knows?

Post  crt Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:39 pm

I also have had horribly stressful days with no migraine. And then I've had horribly stressful days with migraine. The same with good days. What's the difference? I don't have the slightest idea.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down