For Lovgia - Topamax?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For Lovgia - Topamax?

Post  Chinookgrl on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:44 am

Just a quick question hope you are around today and having a good day. Gotta run the carpool to school so going to be quick. I am going to neuro later.

Currently on 100 mg - seems to be not working as well as when I first started taking it. Got quite a few migraines this month back up to about 10. Though intensity is still lower. When you titrated up to 150 did it bring your numbers down again? Is this working for you? Did you get more side effects at this higher dose?? or just a little more of the same?

I'm just wondering about efficacy at this point for me because my #s have crept back up. Mind you this is my worst time of year for migraine frequency.

Thanks much
Jo
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Re: For Lovgia - Topamax?

Post  LG on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Pretty much the same side effects at 150mgs as 100, although the first day (and only the first day) I experienced more tingling.

I did find it to help me greatly to switch up to 150mgs! My medication works loads better to control them now and I haven't gotten a thumper that lasted more than a day like I usually do in, plus we got a lot of storms this month. For the first two weeks after titrating up, my migraines were almost non-existant, but they did come back. They were less severe, but that is the story with me and my dear friend topamax.

Hope I have helped you out Very Happy Best wishes and feel better!
LG

Back to top Go down

For Lovegia

Post  Chinookgrl on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks much for replying so quickly. I know that no preventative completely gets rid of these buggers but I have had such a bad last couple of weeks. I have been quite surprised. I am sure the neuro will suggest to titrate up a bit. I have just been trying to balance out a new side effect with how well its working for me. I am getting quite a lot of muscle ache mostly neck and back, its driving me crazy!

Once again thanks for your quick answer. I'll see neuro in a couple of hours and let you know what she thinks. Wish me luck or a miracle or whatever I need.

Jo
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  LG on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:22 pm

For the neck and muscle aches it means you need to add more potassium in your diet, it will help GREATLY!! Very Happy Go to your local vitamin shop and pick up suppliments and you will see an almost immediate difference in the aches and pains.

I got severe leg cramps from topamax and they were KILLER! Ouch! They lasted all day and no matter what I took, they didn't go away. I have quite an arsenal of painkillers too and nothing worked. I drank tons of water, that helped a little..but the potassium really did the trick. I also added more taurine into my diet as well which will help but isnt necessary, it also helped me because I felt a little wiped out and tired.
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top