migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately?

+5
Brain Pain Mom
pen
Paradox
crt
HeelerLady
9 posters

Go down

Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately? Empty Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately?

Post  HeelerLady Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 am

Does anyone know if there is a connection between M and earthquakes? I know I've been absolutely miserable the last few days (I know there is medication issues but it's not all of it) and can't find a reason for it. Normally fronts do it, but I'm wondering if those of us sensitive to weather changes would also sense an earthquake? I understand weather more than earthquakes but it seems to be the only other noteworthy event as of late - if not it could just be a coincidence....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately? Empty migraines and earthquakes

Post  crt Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 pm

It doesn't seem to me that there is a connection and I have lived in California all my life. When I was away from California and earthquakes, on vacation, I didn't get any more or any less migraines. Maybe some of the other common earthquake area folks will have something to say too.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately? Empty Re: Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately?

Post  Paradox Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:34 am

I've been miserable for months...long before the earthquake.

Yes, the weather we've been having has been brutal on me. Plus, following up from the holidays which is always torture for me it's been tough. Worse in years.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately? Empty Re: Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately?

Post  pen Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 am

We discussed this, I think on the old forum. Loads of us seem to have been having a worse time (myself included) all over the western world since about October.....
Our weather has been so changeable. No rain, loads of rain. Freezing cold, loads of snow. Milder spell, back to snow....
And to accompany all that WIND. I cant even leave the house when it is windy.....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brain Pain Mom Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:40 pm

The 3.8 hit the next town over from where I live! It was freaky when it sounded like a freight train was coming through my house and it was vibrating at 4 AM. My dog was NOT happy.

Fortunately Crystal slept through it and missed the after-shock.

I didn't notice any change in her M though.
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 pm

I forgot we were so close!

Did you feel an after shock???
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Migraines and earthquakes - hey midwesterners been miserable lately? Empty Migraines and Earthquakes

Post  Hal Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 pm

There really is a relation between Earthquakes and Migraines. Whenever you have a bad migraine, it feels as if there is an earthquake going on inside your head. Any other relationship is purely speculative and without scientific foundation.

My migraines usually feel as if someone is setting off depth charges inside my head with every beat of my heart. I wonder if there is any relationship between depth charges and migraines? Just kidding. Very Happy

I used to live in the area of that 3.8 earthquake west of Chicago. We have been having many small earthquakes in the Oklahoma City area and I have been knocked in the head with the bed headboard one night with a 3.0. That was the only time that I ever ended up with a headache because of an earthquake.
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:25 am

LOL, Hal!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:49 am

Hal - you are a riot. Smile I will keep your comments in mind. Living in the midwest most of my life, we don't get many earthquakes and I didn't have a clue if there was a relationship. I just knew that there were people that could sense the (blast it - can't come up with the word) coming of an earthquake and wondered if this was something we were sensitive to as well.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Brain Pain Mom Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 am

I didn't feel the aftershock and neither did Crystal. She was at home, but by that time I was in Schaumburg.
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Anyone live in Chile? If they do I think their migraines are probably now the least of their worries.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 pm

I agree with Hal's comments. Very Happy Just when I think the weather may be playing a part, the weather theory vanishes. It probably does play "some" part, but so does a lot of other stuff. I do not waste my time trying to figure it out anymore. If we knew what was sparking the ignition, there would be no need for this forum. We could avoid these "triggers". Even the weather one. If I knew the weather was a huge factor, I would move to a climate with more consistent weather. You don't see too many people on the forum doing that, so that tells me they aren't 100 percent convinced.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:27 pm

You know...I think we are an odd combination of things. Weather has been so good for the last week and now all of a sudden, not feeling so good, but then again it could be any number of things...not predicting evil M but I'm not ruling it out yet. But may be a good reason to pack it in for today...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down