At last Migraine breakthrough

Go down

At last Migraine breakthrough

Post  Mini on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:01 am

There is a great news at last. It has been in all the news this morning here in UK, and it has been long time in development, but there is a completely new concept in migraine treatment. What is more important it works, and there are practically no side effects. It does not seem believable, since we have been let down in the past so many times with false hopes. But it is a completely new drug, specifically created for M, a new approach to M treatment.

A miracle? We will see how it works, but it is real so I thought I will pass it on, so you can do more of your own research.

I am very lucky, and this is the reason why I do not come here very often any more, since after decades of suffering M hell, I no longer get them (getting older has it's own benefits). I think my M was mainly hormonal, I also used HRT, but when I stopped taking it my M practically stopped. I have other chronic health/pain issues now, but  without M they are easier to handle.

Here is the link to the article telling you more abut it (BTW Prof Goadsby was in the past my neurologist and he was extremely helpful to me personally, and determined to keep on trying to find help for all M sufferers):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42154668
Mini

Back to top Go down

Re: At last Migraine breakthrough

Post  ConcordGrape on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks for sharing Mini. I, too, have stopped using this forum as my life has gotten busier and busier. CGRP-targeted treatments have been on the horizon since about 2016, and so I have been waiting eagerly for them. It seems they will be commercially available in the US beginning this spring!! If anyone has tried them or is going to try them, please post here to keep us in the loop.
ConcordGrape

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 am

Thank you for your response. I do hope that despite being busy, you also had some improvement in your M frequency, or intensity. I am glad that you have been following the new developments in M treatments.

I know that despite suffering so much many people have given up trying, after too many disappointed.
We have all been through such feelings, but even when my M were at its worst, I went on looking and because of this, I have come across preventatives (like Gabapentin) which did make some difference.

Then Imitrex/Imigran was a true life changer when it first appeared, it was a revelation. I still remembering both crying with relief, and dancing around the room because at last "something worked", that something stopped the pain. It was like miracle, But  M kept returning .

I do not expect any medicine to be 100% effective,  simply because not two person have exactly the same symptoms, or causes of M. So, the greater variety of treatments we have, the better.

Somehow, I believe that if this new preventative works, it might just be the game changer because this kind of medicines is a new concept.

I cannot wait to see the first reports here, when this new preventative becomes available, so please do let us know.
With best wishes
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down