migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

migraine in jaw

4 posters

Go down

migraine in jaw Empty migraine in jaw

Post  mattie Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:49 pm

I had some minor dental surgery  6 days ago & the tooth crowned.  It seems to be healing well.  I took a migraine today & the pain is not only in my head but all the way down my jawbone & into the tooth. I don't remember this ever happening before the dental procedure. Obviously I have some nerve damage to the area.   Has anyone here experienced this before & did it finally go away when you have M.   Thanks!

mattie

Back to top Go down

migraine in jaw Empty Re: migraine in jaw

Post  Seaine Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:26 am

I recently had a cavity that had been improperly cleaned out and filled over, so it continued to grow under the filling for years. When it was discovered I nearly had to get a root canal but luckily they only had to clean it out to the root and put medicine in it and refill it. Anyways I had nerve pain that lasted for several months which the dentist had told me ahead of time was normal. I think she said it could last 3-6 months. It did go away after several months. I don't remember any connection to my migraines, but just wanted to comment that I believe any sort of dental work involving the nerves may take a long time to totally heal.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:56 pm

You might want to go back to your dentist. That is not normal.
It could be you have an infection causing the pain which is leading to the migraine, rather the reverse.
I had pain like that and needed a root canal. Problem solved.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:54 pm

Thanks for reply.

I'm afraid a root canal is in my future.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:59 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you caught out before it got worse. Take care and lots of ice pack afterwards

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 pm

So I admit I was a bit of a chicken and I had them use the gas to put me out when they did my root canal.
Totally worth it in my opinion. I avoided a lot of the pain that people talk about with root canals. I went
Home and slept and was totally fine the next day.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down