migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody try BC powder or Goody's?

4 posters

Go down

Anybody try BC powder or Goody's? Empty Anybody try BC powder or Goody's?

Post  Seaine Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:46 am

Hi all, for some reason I had never heard of BC powder or Goody's before a friend gave me some when I mentioned I had a headache. I could not believe how well it worked!

For me there are times when the triptan doesn't make the pain go away. It basically always stops the migraine from getting worse, but I can have severe persisting pain especially if I accidentally ate something with vanillin in it, sodium benzoate, or other bad ingredients. I've tried taking 4, 6, 8 Ibuprofen, 2 or 4 extra strength Tylenol every 4 hours, taking another dose of triptan, it just doesn't work.

If there's anyone out there who like me was apparently under a rock and never heard of BC powder, give it a try!
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Anybody try BC powder or Goody's? Empty Re: Anybody try BC powder or Goody's?

Post  tortoisegirl Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:50 pm

I have heard of it, but had to look up what is in it. BC's has aspirin + caffeine while Goody's also has Acetaminophen. They are similar to Excedrin but in a powder form. I think it is quite an old med, and more popular in certain areas. I could see it being helpful for some folks. I haven't tried it, but none of the other otc meds have been helpful for me.

My current abortives are Sumatriptan, Diclofenac (NSAID), Oxycodone, and Ketamine (compounded capsules, low dose). They work well (often in combination) if my pain isn't too severe, but it gets to a certain point sometimes that nothing helps.

I've heard medications in a powder form can be particularly helpful for headache (such as Cambia, which is a form of Diclofenac). I haven't tried Cambia primarily because I take the majority of my abortive meds at work, when my pain is at its worst, and it would be more difficult to take covertly. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:02 pm

tortoisegirl wrote:I haven't tried it, but none of the other otc meds have been helpful for me.

That's just the thing! None of the regular pill form Tylenol or Aspirin helps my headaches much, nor does drinking caffeine after I already have the headache. I guess it's just the fact that it's in powder form that makes it work! Shockingly fast - with my worst headache it worked in 10min. The only side effect is it can make me nauseous but that's only temporary.

Yes, if you were at work you would probably need to go into the bathroom to take it. It kinda looks like you're doing drugs because it's white powder wrapped in clear paper...
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:05 am

Do you mind it in water?
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:48 pm

I have never tried that method. I just dump the powder in my mouth and then drink water. Now that you mention it, you're probably supposed to mix it in water first... it sure doesn't taste good but that doesn't bother me because I know how it will make me feel.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:59 am

Thank you Seaine, I did get some Excedrine migraine and it didn't do anything but will try the BC. We don't see it in stores around here but I see that Amazon has it.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  charmed quark Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:29 pm

I tried them, hoping they would have faster action than the Advil I normally take.

With me, the powders don't work as well as ibuprofen/Advil and don't really seem to act any faster.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum