Has anyone used self injecting Torodal or its generic Ketorolac

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has anyone used self injecting Torodal or its generic Ketorolac

Post  lisa59 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:11 pm

I have the self injection of Imitrex and they don't work on me. I was wondering if someone has tried the Torodal, and inject themselves at home.
Thank you

lisa59

Back to top Go down

Re: Has anyone used self injecting Torodal or its generic Ketorolac

Post  Sara79 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:28 pm

i know there are people who have torodol to inject at home, but my MD won't let me have it. Also, i think their's is the draw up and you actuallyhave to give yourself the shot (not an auto injector like immitrex has)

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:02 pm

I have. It came in a vial with syringes. I never found it too helpful. Plenty of folks do though. Note that Torodal is something that should be severely limited, as its rough on the system; my doctor limited me to one injection a week. They also make pills, but apparently they are pretty worthless.

I actually found oral Diclofenac way more helpful than injectable Torodal for awhile (and my doctor was ok with me taking that once or twice a day). My current miracle med is Ketamine (I've tried nasal and oral).

Few doctors seem open to prescribing patients injectable meds, sadly enough. I think all migraine/headache patients who have had times their med didn't work / wanted to go to the ER due to severe pain should have a rescue med, something different & stronger, such as an injectable. I guess doctors see injectable meds as riskier?

Some don't even know how to prescribe them. They also have to consider patient education/instruction. When I've asked about them, telling the doctor I had previous injectable med experience seemed to help sway their opinion. I seem to remember specifically requesting the Torodal. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  lisa59 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you to all who responded to my question.

lisa59

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:46 pm

I've also tried the self injection of Imitrex; the side effects were severe as compared to the pill which gives me almost no side effects. I had injected Toradol once at the urgent care and it did not help my migraine. They then gave me a narcotic injection which reduced the pain slightly.
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:46 pm

tortoisegirl wrote:I have.  It came in a vial with syringes.  I never found it too helpful.  Plenty of folks do though.  Note that Torodal is something that should be severely limited, as its rough on the system; my doctor limited me to one injection a week.  They also make pills, but apparently they are pretty worthless.

The pills were given to me for the few days following an injection, to keep me from coming back 2 days later with another migraine. They'll help extend the help the shots for me, but if I don't use them all, I don't find taking one at a later point to be any better than aleve

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top