Brain Freeze

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brain Freeze

Post  Seaine on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:44 pm

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/why-dont-some-people-get-brain-freeze

I came across this article and, after reading it, realized that I too never get brain freeze. I've always just thought brain freeze must not be very easy to get or not that common. I think I may have never had it in my whole life. I remember as a child my sisters or friends might say they were getting brain freeze from eating ice cream, and I would say it too but really my mouth and chest were just cold and I thought that's what they meant.

I really doubt there's any connection to whether or not you get brain freeze and whether or not you get migraines but I wanted to ask everyone since it's thought to be triggered by the trigeminal nerve.
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Re: Brain Freeze

Post  tortoisegirl on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Interesting article! I can't remember if I've ever had brain freeze...I can't remember getting it recently at least. I definitely am prone to throat freeze though. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 pm

I have definitely had brain freeze before. It is the closest thing I have ever found to migraine pain, except it only lasts for 30 seconds or so. I tell non- migrainuers "imagine having a brain freeze that lasts for 2 days. That's what a migraine is like. " I find that gets then over the " it's just a headache" idea.

I find it interesting the article posits the trigeminal nerve is involved. That is exactly the nerve that the Cefaly targets which seems to help reduce migraine pain and frequency. Maybe they are related....
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:09 am

Yes, I get brain freeze also and Migrainegirl described it well. Closest thing to a migraine but only lasts a minute or two.
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top