migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine and anxiety question

2 posters

Go down

Migraine and anxiety question Empty Migraine and anxiety question

Post  sailingmuffin Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi All,

Lately, I've noticed that I've been having more anxiety attacks with the migraine. I am not sure why- I just think it might be part of the migraine, but it is frustrating.

I've been on Klonopin for several years now. It does help the headache and also helps the anxiety- to a degree. Unfortunately, I think that it might be time to switch meds. Maybe something in the same class of medication? I have taken Ativan before- worked for about seven years. Diazepam worked, but could make loopy. Xanax helped some- I've only had it a few times when I was in the hospital.

I will see my psychiatrist in the next week or two. I may asking him about changing the dose or switching meds. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Migraine and anxiety question Empty Re: Migraine and anxiety question

Post  lorente Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:08 am

I have had anxiety attacks in conjunction with migraines when I've gone through really bad migraine times. I have used Alprazolam (generic Xanax) for several years now, and it works pretty well for me.

lorente

Back to top Go down